Author Topic: Rise of the Brotherhood  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Atrusino

• Lance Corporal
  • Der Wolf.. Der Tod..
    • DauntlessForums
Rise of the Brotherhood
« on: December 04, 2007, 03:23:38 AM »
I grew up in the outskirts of Chicago.. You'd think you'd understand the lifestyle from visiting the inner city, but it was a lot different before they came. We had a really close community. The day of the Bane attack, Chicago was the third city to get hit. D.C. and Moscow were 1 & 2 respectively if I recall. My neighbors were throwing a block party at the time. Unfortunate for the bane.. The 'Chac' outskirts were mostly retired military and their military children.. And all die hard fans of the NRA. We held the block for two weeks before our first casualty.. It was a sad day and he was just a kid. I don't even remember the poor *******'s name. We held out for nearly 2 months before we made contact with anyone outside. The government had apparently struggled to keep the HAM and CB relay towers up and though the CBs had a significantly shorter range, an army regiment passing through the area managed to push there way through what we began to call the Orion Corridor and triangulated our position using their radio technology. We called it the Orion corridor because it had a view strait into the heart of the city via a major road. During the summer, the Orion constellation shown right through, despite the smog.

We went with the Army, which was a mix of US Army, Marines and what was left of a local Air Force assembly, and marched to some government installation. There was the first time we saw it and so few of 'The Orion Militia' made it. It was a massive portal device of some sort. Some multinational government official got up on a big stand and explained how it was going to be.. We fight or we stay behind and die. Seventeen of the Orion Militia were left and sixteen qualified. We ordered them to allow the other as well. It wasn't worth it. I got word several weeks later that Earth had been hit by some sort of a bomb and it couldn't be confirmed whether it was still even there. Turns out those Bane bastards went and crashed their mothership into the planet.. Poor girl. We arrived for training.. Two dropships went down and we lost eleven of the Orion Militia. After a week in combat we lost 3 more.

After several months I decided that taking orders from the AFS would never work.. I met her. The girl of my dreams, Corporal Evelyn Maize. She died when the bane mortered a dug in position we were manning. We had been radioing for fire orders for near of an hour.. I went to the folks up top and offered my services and those of the remaining Orion Militia in exchange for honest pay and a steak in land if we ever find Earth again.. To rebuild the 'Chac' outskirts.

After two weeks it was just two of us. The paperwork went through and the Brotherhood of Orion Mercenary Corps was formed. We did combat and humanitarian work of all sorts for the AFS. Two months after, the last of the Orion Militia bought the farm when we retook Pravus. It was a sad day, but I pressed on.. Alone in heart, but accompanied by AFS's finest selection. We'll fight and die to reclaim Earth.. As many lives as it takes. Every Bane dead brings us closer to that goal. Brings me closer to a sound mind.. If there is such a thing any more.
For her, forever; The Brotherhood of Orion

Offline DeeSaster

• Sergeant
  • `Cry More´ Centaurus [EU]
    • Cry More TR Clan
Re: Rise of the Brotherhood
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
Nice one, I hope to read more of your background material soon. :)
/clap
This **** isn't rocket surgery...

Offline Atrusino

• Lance Corporal
  • Der Wolf.. Der Tod..
    • DauntlessForums
Re: Rise of the Brotherhood
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »
Thanks! Soon as we  (The Brotherhood) get some RP events goin, I'll have some better stories up and for those that are interesetd, I'm writing a book (not about Tabula Rasa).
For her, forever; The Brotherhood of Orion