Author Topic: Help Us Help You with Bug Reports  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Help Us Help You with Bug Reports
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
The QA Team checks all bugs that you report to NCSoft and they have a few tips for you when doing so. This will help with processing them in the most efficient manner and speed things up a little!
  • Please check out the known issues list after each patch.
  • When reporting problems with an NPC or Monster, please put the NPC/Monsters full name in the subject; i.e. “Shaman Leilo stuck in wall”
  • When reporting problems with a mission, please put the full name of the mission in the subject; i.e. “Problem with Keymaster of Tocastra mission and Airman Hamilton”
  • If possible add the location as well as the map in the bug description. To get the location type ‘/loc’ in the chat window. It will appear above the minimap.
  • Do not generate a /bug or /petition for being stuck.  Use the /stuck command instead.
  • Please always state if the bug you found was when you were playing in a squad or playing solo.  If with a squad, how many people it contained.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Barnorn

• Sergeant
Re: Help Us Help You with Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »
1. The known issue list it not complete, imo. They may know more, they know less ... Sometimes I got the strange feeling they may be a bit forgetful about certain bugs ... or lazy.
2. Shamans? Uuuuhh.
3. I WOULD do this, but I can't. The space for subject is limited.
4. Indeed.
5. see 4.
6. So a mob, stuck in a wall, may not be stuck depending on I play in a squad or not? Normally I will indicate if I'm in a squad and got a bug. But I wont do this while I'm playing solo.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) I agree, the bunny shall rule.

Offline Sanborn

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »
The /bug /petition form is too small for my taste.
I like to give many details - but I always have to go back and trim out a lot of words to fit in their tiny four-line paragraph.

Pretty sure I've /bugged that also, the /bug form being too small.

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:35:16 AM »
I'll second that.
My petitions usually end up sounding less polite and more demanding because of the (very) limited space, and often times I have to update the petition via the NCSoft support page to make sure all required details etc are included.
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Ronnan

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:03:39 AM »
Same with me, with petitions I make I have to alt-tab out of the game and update the petition in the support centre so I can actually type what I want. They should add a better in game interface for petitions, so you can actually see, edit, and update the petitions you've done. And I hate to say this, but <that other MMO> does it ok, as I can see my support ticket on screen.