Author Topic: Omni's Guide To High Speed Leveling 1-30 (Work in Progress)  (Read 17013 times)

Offline Maulfire

• Corporal
Re: Omni's Guide To High Speed Leveling 1-30 (Work In Progress)
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
So yeah, no grinding in mires anymore, that place is completely dead and devoid of targets.

I'm still working on finding more grinding spots pre-30 but its not going well, its looking for like after the fithik circle it will be missions till 30 which you should hit at the end of incline or in mires.

Also some good post 30 grinding in abyss (reconstructors and the mantas by magma caverns), and the bots in thunderhead by one of the two brann camps...may be larai.

And decent, pretty much anywhere tier 2-4 in decent you can grind, but bring a buddy cause it is alot tougher since 1.4.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Tabula Rasa      -    AoC     -  Warhammer
Guardian/Engineer - Barbarian - Bright Wizard

Offline Unomat

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »
A coupla observations from another week of grinding lvl 15-25 (Fithiks ::)):
- XP drops noticably (about 20%) when you hit level 25. As you'll get your next set of class related armor at this level, it would seem a good point to say byebye to grinding ^^
- Fithiks have exactly 1600 HP so if you don't opt for the shotgun, you might want to use a weapon that's able to do at least 800 dmg (worst case) as exploding Fithiks bite 800+ HP out of your armor / health.
- Using a lvl 22 shotgun and Rage 3 I was able to one-shot Fithiks in packs of 3. That resulted in finishing the circle faster than they respawn (the same thing we noticed pre 1.4)
- The trench to Devil's Den is not a feasible grinding spot for a lvl 24 Ranger using Rifle and Shotgun, as the armor gets damaged faster than it can regenerate due to mobs using ranged attacks. I'll try it out for grinding to 26 during off hours somewhere during this weekend, but that'll probably warrant the 22 shotgun and 21 rifle...

I know you've quite Omni, but I'll try and report any new findings in this thread nonetheless.
If failure is not an option at any point along the way, it is in fact mandatory. - Engineering maxim
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams
Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe. - Albert Einstein
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

Offline Maulfire

• Corporal
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
Yeah i'll test what i can as my ranger is my last low level char right now. But yeah Fithik circle doesn't seem to have changed that much after 1.4.

What happened on my biotech is that i grinded there until lvl 23 just because i couldn't stand grinding anymore. But then did all missions and instances in plains, all missions in incline and a few missions in mires to hit the 4th tier, lvl 30.

I know cp grinding in incline was mentioned but I really don't know how nessecary it is. Get Incline instances, mires misssions dones then head to plateau for missions and if your not on during primetime you can always grind miasmas in the graveyard. Otherwise cp's in plateau are not too bad.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Tabula Rasa      -    AoC     -  Warhammer
Guardian/Engineer - Barbarian - Bright Wizard