Author Topic: Q: about cloning  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Freshes

• Recruit
Q: about cloning
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
Greetings all,

First of all thanks for all the info i have seen sofar, it has greatly hellped me so far!

Ive read allot of posts about cloning and the way to best profit of the cloning system.

Question is about cloning, exp, quests and extra clone points.

From reading all the info, i gather that if you clone at 14,9999 so that your clone receives an extra clone point aswel. I also read somewhere that if you complete the ToO wilderness quest but dont turn it in yet it caries over to the clone so that clone has another extra clone.

So i went out and did this (played beta trough till lvl 15, so wanted to skip it this time around). I got the ToO completed, but didnt turn it in, saved the clone at lvl 5 and did all the quests possible at 14,99 in Devide.
After all this i went to the trainer (with a great fealing of accomplishment hehe) and cloned.

My clone does not only have 0 clone points, it also is lvl 14 without any exp/quests. So ill have to redo the lvl 14-15 without the quests, because i finished all those on my main. She doesnt have a completed, but not turned in, ToO quest, so no real advantage here. The only advantage is that when i lvl it to lvl 15, it will get a clone point.

As the last guide about cloning dates from back in 2007, things might have changed that i dont know about hehe. Thats why im asking here really.

Thanks in advance.

Freshes

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: Q: about cloning
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »
Generally speaking when someone refers to 14.999 they are referring to "as close to 15 as you can get BEFORE you get the message to see a trainer"

Now when you look at your clone, you will see that their XP bar cannot get any further till you chose their new class (ie still technically level 14, but with XP to take them past level 15). Now because she is already "past the level 15 part" she wont get the extra clone credit.. so normally you stop just before hand (ie with a few K xp to hit 15, and then clone and kill for both)

Now for the ToO missions, the only parts that dont get carried over are the "kill all X" missions. Yes this part is annoying BUT generally speaking they are pretty easy to do (until later on when sometimes you have to hunt down certain bosses) (and handy for getting the XP to clone up to the next stage as well)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:58:44 AM by Gangrel »
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Freshes

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »
Ahh so even tho the questlog is totally clean on my clone, if i retake the quest, it would count everything besides from killing X number of X as being completed already?

I havent checked, but i thought the exp bar was totally clear and level 14 on my clones, but im not 100% sure now, ill check when servers are up again.

Thanks allot for the fast reply!

Cheers,

Freshers

/edit: checkd and they have full exp bar at lvl 14. Thanks allot for the info!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:40:12 AM by Freshes »

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:48:50 AM »
Yep you should be able to pick up the ToO for your clone and just have the Kill X mobs left to do (in theory)
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline mutts

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:19:29 PM »
<snip>

Now for the ToO missions, the only parts that dont get carried over are the "kill all X" missions. Yes this part is annoying BUT generally speaking they are pretty easy to do (until later on when sometimes you have to hunt down certain bosses) (and handy for getting the XP to clone up to the next stage as well)

I noticed something the other day that I'm not sure what I saw is what I saw.

I dusted off my Bio clone (level 15) and realized I didn't have all the Wilderness logos I needed.  On my way to Donn I helped out a squad of AFS troopers that were vastly outnumbered.  The Bane were several levels lower then I was, they were maybe 8 or 9.  Killing them did not give me any credit toward the Kill X Bane in my ToO.  I did off a few level 10(ish) and got credit for killing them.

So, did I just miss something or is there a level limit for getting credit for ToO kills?

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
I think as long as you can get XP off them then get credit for them. Similar to getting CP tokens as well.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline stygi

• Lance Corporal
  • Centaurus: Gabba
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
so there is no need to "store"  all the finished ToO´s (not turning in the quest) because my lvl 50 clone can not do them? thats sad news :(

Offline Ronnan

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
Yeah, the clone system feels a little underdeveloped at the moment. I liked Gangrel's idea, that if you used 2 clone credits you can keep your current character and just do a full respec or hybridise him/her (minus the abilitiy to change class though). And to keep the context in game you could have a seperate button called "Clone and Euthanise," so you'd be cloning off or hybridising your character and then "killing" off the original, so your new clone/hyrbid could take it's place.

Offline stygi

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »
that  means everyone that makes a clone for different dna before lvl 50 is wasting all his former clonepoints...

Offline stygi

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
was killing these lvl 23 fire "things" tonight with my lvl 43... had no problems with them. Finished the ToO...