Author Topic: Having trouble connecting to game?  (Read 18772 times)

Offline Dalabrae

• Recruit
  • RavenWulfe Templars, on Orion.
Re: Having trouble connecting to game?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
open up client.cfg file and look for the line Client.FullScreen = True and alter it to read False.

Thanks for that Gangrel.

Tho does that mean I can't play in full screen mode now? I tried to switch it back to full screen once it had launched and it locked up, had to used the task manager to close it, will kinda suck playing in window mode. Please tell me it's a bug and they will fix it.  :-/

Just did an auto configure now that I am actually ingame, and its decided that I can run at Ultra, 1600x900.  :o
And the full screen isn't locking me up now... **crosses fingers**
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:41:29 PM by Dalabrae »
Fides et Justitia

The Universe is on Orion's Belt

Offline Aiden Taan

• Recruit
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »

I got very similar results me too. I have been able to enjoy few hours ofd play especially late at night but not mandatory. Thengetting disconnected after 1 min or 2.

Well I have to admit I've been able to connect yesterday (for the first time) at 3am! And I managed to play for an hour and half (got disconnected twice in the meantime). Suffice to say, TR is exactly how I imagined it would be and much more! Damn I'd buy it already if not for the ISP problems.

Aiden Taan  i would like to compare my txt files results of netinfotool_allOS_USEU.exe with you. Could you contact me in private :)

I'll send ya few details in a PM once I get back to home. (@ uni now)

I have contacted my isp nothing useful from them. In short they dont block anything but something wierd they are not able to piong server

are you guys able to ping 216.107.244.7???   us server

I've called Chello yesterday as well. Done usual crap he told me to do with no effect (obviously). However he's interested in TR as well so he said he'll look into it and let me know in a day or two.

He also said Chello doesn't do anything differently than all other ISPs available in Poland.
* Aiden Taan sighs
You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'

Offline tsaris

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
i have noticed that with ncsoft diag too its always the 9th hop that crap. I have contacted my isp again about that and clearly the answer was: not our problem ask ncsoft.   My ISP received tons of requests by people from my area so its pretty clear the problem is somewhere on net.

Offline tsaris

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »
do anyone here have in his/her hops         ge-7-0-0-56.edge1.Chicago1.Level3.net [4.68.101.173]   ??? if its case do you have packets lost ?

Offline Aiden Taan

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
Well my first timeout is on 3rd step, right after: 10.146.64.1 and actually that's where the whole scan for netinfotool ends.

When I do tracert from cmd it passes that timeout but then timeouts again at step 8/9 and never connects with the server (timeouts for all remaining steps up to 30th).

Note: it's pretty much the same for both EU and US servers.

I'll have to try to tracert it again at round 3am, coz that's when I could play last time.
You see things; and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?'

Offline Orzelek

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »
I'm also from Poland and my ISP is Chello.

If you use program WinMTR it will show taht there are 2 devices that simply don't respond to ICMP Echo commands - they alwyas drop packets.

After them there is bunch of serwers from domain *.aorta.net and one of them "likes" to drop large part of packets.

I tested this by using Wireshark, sent trace routes and packet logs to Chello and now I'm waiting to see what will happen from their side.

I also call them from time to time to remind about problem.

Aiden contact me and we may try to link our efforts to make ISP do something about packet routing.

Question about opening of ports:
They need to be opened on router for incoming connections to my pc or just traffi on them needs to be allowed?

PS. 216.* is an authentification serwer - real game server adress is in 206.* range. I can give exact adress when I get back home.

Offline Kiriana

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
Well can say im from ireland and with NTL Cable but when i do tracert all trafif towards the TR servers stops at Chello routers and apparent TR support know about the problem since i got this mail back when i asked about it

We are aware that the diagnostic can't reach the destination, this is due to the cofiguration of the device. However this affects only the diagnostic. The tracert/pathping looks the same for working connections.
Your problem lies somewhere else and that is the Chello Aorta network. We know, that all our players around Europe who use the Aorta Network have the same issue. As NTL Ireland uses the Chello infrastructure to route the traffic you are affected by the same problem. We currently believe, that Chello has some kind of packet filtering active which causes connections of the game clients to be processed with low priority which can cause connection problems or high latency in games. Unfortunately there is no way for us to prove it and Chello is reluctant to give information or to cooperate. We know from players who have changed their ISP that the problems are gone if the data is no longer routed through the Aorta network of Chello.

I'm afraid there is nothing more we could do for you.

Thank you for your understanding

Kind regards,

GM Klaus

NCsoft Europe Customer Support Team

And the ISP is unwilling to contact what they consider a 3rd party for a 3rd party product or game  :-(

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
I could see gamers wanting to move away from that ISP then.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Kiriana

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
problem is for me thats the only one with decent connection in my area and this doesnt just affect NTL but also BT and some others that connect via the chello network found at least 4 other who all connect through these hubs in the uk which filter all traffic at least during the days from 3-23 which is the times ive tried logging on the game

Offline Orzelek

• Recruit
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 10:31:28 PM »
I was able to prove to chello that packets aren't delivered to destanation by using packet monitoring.

I really hope that this will help.

Offline Leon

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
I got ingame first time tonight,after starting a PlayNC account.

Same problem here, I log in (not successfuly every time), game lags massively (10's of seconds between actions) and/or I get Disco'd, more disco'd than not. The game is just unplayable with this state of afairs. I tried dropping firewall and Viral software (briefly) with no change in results, this sucks, considering i just paid for the game code.

I am using EU server, will try a US one see if it routes any differently. O.o

Offline Leon

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 11:01:36 PM »
I resolved my problem by updating my .NET Framework to 3.5, runs sweet now.

Leon

Offline Orzelek

• Recruit
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »
I tried the NET 3.5 update method - no effect.

Also tech support from chello seems to say taht ncsoft won't work with them, and ncsoft says othere way round - I guess thats end of TR for me as change of ISP is not really an option here.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:02 AM »
That is a real shame that you are unable to rejoin.... but this seems to be of a similar issue to those players who use Hughes network to connect (satellite based ISP in the US)

Unfortunately the only thing that NCsoft can do in this is recode the net back end... but that could actually break the game for more players than its worth....
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Orzelek

• Recruit
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:23 AM »
I guess that in this case it maybe question of a bit of good cooperation beetwen NCSoft and Chello operator.

But all remains moot point for now as it seems thay were unable to contact and resolve things from some time.
I have reported issue back to Chello support and will also place a petition in NCSoft support system.