Author Topic: Good News for Intel graphics users.  (Read 2794 times)

Offline PegasusMD

• News Updater Junkie
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Standing on a rainbow
Good News for Intel graphics users.
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »
From post by Rustoleum on PTR.
Good news! With the latest drivers, Tabula Rasa runs on integrated Intel video chipsets (that meet our min spec of course). By "runs" I mean it isn't crashing... We have tested the GMA 950 (the lowest end Intel chip supported) and performance isn't good enough to be playable. D10 will have some optimizations to speed things up, but I don't think it will be enough for the GMA 950.

I'm curious if anyone out there has tried on the GMA 3000/3100 or the GMA X3000/X3100 or later chips. The "X" series has unified shader pipes and I expect those to have the best performance of all of the Intel GMA chips. I'm not sure what to expect performance wise, but I'm anxious to hear what people are seeing.

Mac Users -- If you have dual booted your Intel based Mac so it runs Windows, you may be able to install and play TR.

MacBook Users:

The GMA 950 came on the first intel based MacBooks (2006 to mid 2007). The current generation MacBooks use a GMA X3100. The 950 is too slow, but I don't yet know about the X3100. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbook

MacBook Pro Users:

All Intel based MacBook Pros should be good -- they use ATI or NVidia chips that are sufficient for playing TR.

iMac Users:

Most Intel based iMacs have an ATI or NVidia card which is sufficient for playing the game. However, one model from late 2006 did have the GMA 950 on it which isn't sufficient for playing. Be sure to check which video solution you have. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_iMac

Mac Pro Users:

Check the video card you have installed. Most likely it will be sufficient for playing TR.

Here is the original post
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. - Heinlein
ingame name all servers - Pegasus
Have you heard the POP this morning?
"Close is not need with Nukes"

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
Re: Good News for Intel graphics users.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
wayne ... =)

i want a better support for my 8600m !
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
Re: Good News for Intel graphics users.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »
i want a better support for my 8600m !
I for my 8400 G, can't TR on my laptop :'( it runs too slowly.
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination