Author Topic: PvP info  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Jn

• Recruit
PvP info
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
Hey

My suggestion is to give any information on offical web site about pvp! I'm new to TR im downloading client atm and after few hours of digging through offical site/forums and so on I still dont have any idea how the pvp in TR looks like.

btw meabe someone will give me a hand here? I used to play few mmos like GW/WoW/EVE and I always was concentrated on pvp. Can you tell me any thin about it in TR. Is it sth important in this game? Are there sth like arenas/battlegrounds/gvg (or clan in TR) battes and if yes how does it look like.

Offline PegasusMD

• News Updater Junkie
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Standing on a rainbow
Re: PvP info
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »
PVP in TR is consentual PVP  in the forms of
1 v 1 or Squard v Squad   duels.  Intiated by  typing /wargames (player or squadleader name)
the other means is Clan war
Where the leader of a PVP clan declares war on another clan. If that leader accepts the war then everyone in those clans are at war with each other for 7 days or until someone surrenders.

in upcoming patchs there will be PVP Clan Own Control Point that PVP clan can fight over for and wargering on the war.
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. - Heinlein
ingame name all servers - Pegasus
Have you heard the POP this morning?
"Close is not need with Nukes"

Offline Jn

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »
Thanks for info however it sounds like nothing special tbh :/ do You think its worth starting TR if i wana focus on pvp mostly or pvp is just a additon to pve stream of the game?

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:50:57 PM »
I would probably wait for the next 2 or 3 updates (2-3 months) before starting TR, if I wanted to focus on PvP. By that time, the clan-owned control points should be implemented (and hopefully be as entertaining as we all hope). That'll also give clans something to fight over, because right now, you just fight for the sake of it.
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »
the game got a great setting for pvp, but clan vs. clan pvp was never successful in any game, except gw, which was built around

what tr needs are "factions" or something similar, or a second (let me call it "race", as easiest) to fight against ...
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:34:39 AM »
the game got a great setting for pvp, but clan vs. clan pvp was never successful in any game, except gw, which was built around
Which in turn can be traced back to instanced combat, with high build diversity.
GW guild or alliance battles are fought in instances so people unrelated to the clans can't interfere and people won't wander off before it's over(they can leave the instance, but not the battlefield).
And there where enough skills for each clan to design and practice it's own favorite tactic and methods.(they imitated each other anyway, but there where plenty of snowflakes)

If we can incorporate those elements of success into TR we have a solid base for clan battles that might get really good.

what tr needs are "factions" or something similar, or a second (let me call it "race", as easiest) to fight against ...
I'd call it a side to fight against or another alliance(as AFS and Bane are both composed out of an aliance between multiple races).

And that basically just generates a lot of separate content, to which half off the players have access just to attempt and generate friction by separating part of the player base.

I think we already have other factions, in the form of Retreads, Awols and Penumbra and possibly more could be added for more fun.
Many of these have mutually exclusive quests, where players are asked to chose a side...
I'm sure RP clans have formed vouching for any particular side, AFS RP clans should probably try to kill/arrest those players on sight, giving a existing base for side based PvP.

But to take that further and make it more fun: What if we had mutually exclusive instance approaches?
That way the concerning instances have 2 entrances, if a team for the AFS and for the Awols/Retreads enters they could start off with a race through their objectives, catching glimpses of each other and possibly allowed to hinder the others advance through scripted events.
When they have finished enough objectives they gain access to a central connection and the opposing teams side of the instance, in which the last objective needed to complete the instance is the opposite of what the other team has to do, forcing the teams to battle each other in PvP or face failing their final objective.
(this could be capturing object X located in the connection between to 2 sides of the instance, killing the commander(NPC that the other team receives and hands their quests into) of the other side, or any number of assignments that could be done in 2 ways, but 1 rules out the other)

This way you are mixing RP(well story, thats RP too) PvE and PvP into a (hopefully) streamlined whole that adds new endgame content improves the PvP drive and opportunities.

Don't get me wrong a new race/side would be great, where it to have an actual new style to it and a more distinct alien look and technology, and I'd also like one with a less rigid philosophy, though I haven't found out anything about what the Awols represent.
(even though I use them for the bonuses, hybrids suck; but thats off topic for this thread)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:39:50 AM by System_Crush »
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Jn

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
seems you all are waiting for sth like wow's battlegrounds or gw's gvg, random/team arenas. I have found out on Wiki that such pvp instances are upcoming features! Anyway I wonder what the whole current ladder is about if you dont have pvp instances to do pvp. Do ppl arrange their pvp via mail or wahtever and do clan war in ceratin area then report who won? Also is ladder about clan wars and you gain higer rating if you scored more kills during 7 days?

Offline PegasusMD

• News Updater Junkie
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Standing on a rainbow
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 03:55:14 PM »
there is no ladder. The RGTR site use to post wins and losses  but that been broken for a while.  Since I'm not a PVP clan leader not sure how it is started but the leaders have to be online at the time of the war declaration I think. I also think in the clan interface there is a PVP button. Maybe some clan leader will clarify it. There is no rewards for winning before. Now with the latest patch there is prestige points and equipment wagering are slotted for PVP.

While PVP is in the game , the game was designed to be a primary a PVE game. The PVP is just an added feature and there is no FFA PVP server.
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. - Heinlein
ingame name all servers - Pegasus
Have you heard the POP this morning?
"Close is not need with Nukes"