Author Topic: Machineguns...nice and simple  (Read 3360 times)

Offline remmus

• Recruit
Machineguns...nice and simple
« on: August 01, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »
one thing that struck me as realy odd...Tabula Rasa gives the imprestion mankind is fighting a infantry heavy war against the enemy...yet there are no machineguns to lay down lots of shots.So my suggestion is a machinegun catagory with higther rate of fire and slightly highter damage for use by commandos and grenadiers...oh and one or two miniguns....because miniguns rules

Offline PegasusMD

• News Updater Junkie
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Standing on a rainbow
Re: Machineguns...nice and simple
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
chainguns are the only type of  machine guns  in the game. There is also a newer version of the chainguns in the works (like the upgrades done on the rocket launcher and shotguns)
Also one of the early problems with maching guns is thier heat and ammo costs. Ith a vulcan mini gun the cost to use would likely break the bank of a lot of players.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:31:43 PM by PegasusMD »
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. - Heinlein
ingame name all servers - Pegasus
Have you heard the POP this morning?
"Close is not need with Nukes"

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
rocketlauncher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(insert several thousands more in here)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(here aswell)>>>>>>>>>>>>>> machinegun ...
<•><•<>•><•>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<•><•<>•><•>

Offline remmus

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »
rocketlauncher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(insert several thousands more in here)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(here aswell)>>>>>>>>>>>>>> machinegun ...

might be true...but first of Iīm purposly avoid rocket lanucher because face it...there boring enemies dies to fast and to far away to make it feal like Iīm there fighting...as heavy machinegun would alow me the oh so thrilling ability to shread aliens closer and with a long satifing sound

and at the ammo remark I only say...give the heavy machinegun just enought basic damage to not uber it...but still ebought so players ca use the cheapest kind of ammo and still be in the race with the other players.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:11:02 PM »
Hmm would be interesting to say the least.... especially considering that they had already changed the ammo types that the chainguns used.... Originally they went up in terms of ammo cost as normal weapons... which unfortunately made them a loss leader for money earning (basically you would end up loosing about 200 credits (if not more) per kill), and that is before you get to level 50 (where then it became a SERIOUS money loser)

I would wait for the 2nd chaingun type to come out and then take it from there.... as that could possibly be what you are looking for...
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline remmus

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 05:15:52 PM »
Hmm would be interesting to say the least.... especially considering that they had already changed the ammo types that the chainguns used.... Originally they went up in terms of ammo cost as normal weapons... which unfortunately made them a loss leader for money earning (basically you would end up loosing about 200 credits (if not more) per kill), and that is before you get to level 50 (where then it became a SERIOUS money loser)

I would wait for the 2nd chaingun type to come out and then take it from there.... as that could possibly be what you are looking for...

I agree...and I hope I get my minigun or a surtent game developer gets a box full of kitties that hunger for human flesh...and if they fail to introduse that then being able to use those mechas we see AFS use would suit just fine  ;D

Offline Urban

• Sergeant
  • Skitterins are GO!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
Here's hoping to a minigun too, would look total badass and be a good money sink.

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »
waiting for the injection-minigun since beta ... :/
<•><•<>•><•>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<•><•<>•><•>