Author Topic: Soldier looking to enlist in a Clan  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Randstrass

• Recruit
Soldier looking to enlist in a Clan
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:09:16 AM »
I started two characters, Dalt Straas on Cassiopeia and Rand Strass on Pegasus.  I'm looking for a clan. I just upgraded my account to paid status from the 7-day trial.

My main is a level 7 Soldier (Dalt on Cass) who's planning a career as a commando. My alt is a level 4 recruit (Rand on Pegasus) who's planning a career as either a spy or sniper.  I'm usually online from 1am EST to about 4am EST Tuesday through Saturday, a few hours on Friday morning and sometimes during the day on the weekends. I can't promise availability on the weekends due to wife aggro.

By way of introduction, I'm 45 years old and I've been playing online MMO's since Neverwinter Nights. I played UO for a while and then was a guide in EQ. I then moved to SWG, then EQ2, then LotRO, and then AoC (which I quit because I'm not going to pay to beta test a game).

I'm looking for a clan with a military structure. A clan with dedicated Ventrilo or Teamspeak access would be preferable. I'm ex-military, so I tend to use a lot of the associated jargon. I'm fairly self-sufficient, so I'm not looking for handouts aside from a little help levelling up in order to participate in PvP and some help with in game info...like where to find the respec guy when you need him  I'd like someone to help with PvP training, as well, because I haven't done much of that at all except the 'moors in LotRO and I tended to suck at it.

For me, it's all about making some friends and having a good time. If that seems like a good fit for your clan, PM me on the boards or in-game.

Regards,
Dalt

Offline Miro

• Recruit
Re: Soldier looking to enlist in a Clan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »
Dalt,
I am currently looking to form a clan on the pegasus server.  I am a former beta tester and a fellow enlisted military member.  I was hoping to find some other military members who played that would like to form up together in game.  I generally play between the hours of 4pm - 10pm EST mon-fri with weekend playtimes being very random.  I work 7am EST to 3:30pm EST mon-fri but believe we would be able to meet up once in a while to game together.  I do have vast knowledge of most PVP systems as I have played in numerous MMO's like yourself.  My abreviated list includes: EQ, SWG, EQ2, Planetside, The Matrix, Eve, POTBS, and Tabula Rasa.  My Tabula Rasa PVP is limited atm as I must admit that I spent more time working the PVE issues during beta than PVP, however I was able to participate in a few duels. 

I am mainly looking to form a clan that will communicate via ventrilo and who are looking to enjoy the game for what it is....a game.  If your at all interested please feel free to write me in game.  As stated, I do not really have anything formally started as of yet, but have successfully run both a planetside outfit, and EQ2 guild over my gaming "career".  If you or anyone else who reads this is interested, please dont hesitate to contact me in game.  The more the merrier!
Respectfully,
- Miro