Author Topic: best mods for weapons  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Dezore

• Recruit
best mods for weapons
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:11:03 PM »
what do people thing are the best mods to have on your different weapons for pvp and pve.

e.g Blade
  (1) Armor Piece
  (2) Reduce resist to own dam type
  (3) steal armor
  (4) Crit hit

what are others views on this as im not sure myself and would like other s nput on it so i can pick my stuff lol.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: best mods for weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »
Alot of this would be down to pure luck more than anything else, as you have to PRAY that you get a lot of the mods that you already want on the weapon.

Now saying that as well, for my armour i *tend* to look for +body and +armour mods predominantly.... but that is because my spy is a 1/1/1 split so the extra body is handy.

Alot of *what is best* for your character is down to your build and playstyle as well....

For me, i tend to use a LOT of shrapnel on my spy, so having a pool large enough is handy... then again i am still tweaking my build as we speak (using SHB character planner) so who knows what else i might come up with :D
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Alot of this would be down to pure luck more than anything else, as you have to PRAY that you get a lot of the mods that you already want on the weapon.

We have an impending crafting revamp just around the corner though, with the first part most likely being available on the test server as soon as they put Deployment 12 there, and then we should be able to customize our items to a much higher degree  :)

Best weapon mods for me? That depends entirely on my class, play style and weapon, although I have a couple of favorites: Steal Armor, Steal Power, +Crit Hit and a -damage resistance reduction of the same type as the weapon.
I use Sacrifice 4 on my grenadier, therefor I try to get Steal Health mods on my RPGs, rocket launchers and propellants, on top of my other favourite mods. With enough enemies around, I can pretty much negate the health drain.
On my Demolitionist, I have a +20 physical resist mod on a couple of weapons, which gives me just over 50% physical resistance. Also, since I use my skills a lot, I have Power Steal on my polarity guns.
For my sniper's Torqueshell rifles, I like +Crit Hit for obvious reasons, and I also like to believe that -Threat Reduction really makes a difference, but I don't know. The enemies almost seem to have a random chance of aggroing on me for each shot I fire. Sometimes I can kill a whole group, one by one, other times they spot me as soon as I open fire...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:12:26 PM by Lomez »
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »
For my medic I try to get as much ligh/lazer resist as possible, on any item I wear.

For anything except my guardian I also like threat reducers;
on a blade I think those would be useful, get a spotter to distract the mob and sneak up behind it.

For the rest of my crew, I'm going to try and generalise it, don't pin me on any mistakes yet though.

Also I usually carry 3 damage types, a base gun with cheap ammo, a fire gun for the greater damage(the aggressive gun) and a cold/emp gun(the holdout gun) in case I'm going up against a big machine or a boss that I want to stun.

I like the base gun and the holdout gun to have a steal power or a steal armor mod, because I use those in case there's a lot of shooting to be done and I tend to run out of both when there is a lot of things to shoot at.
I like the aggressive gun to have a steal adrenaline mod so I can charge the adrenaline based skills quicker after I rezz and all the adrenaline based skills are best used while being aggressive.
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
i'd like to have a purple rocketlauncher of every damagetype with:

[5] laser resist
[5] physical resist
[5] sonic resist
[5] steal energy

=)
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Lomez

• Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »
Why sonic resistance?

I agree about the physical and laser resistance, but I think I'd like a [5] steal armor mod on it aswell.
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Kwii!

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »
since i'm in the middle of the fight and those ****in' howlers (sorry ...) do a ridiculous high damage, yes, i need my sonic resists !

2 howlers and my armor is down pretty fast if they're in melee ... no other mob is capable of that ! (except of course the machinegunning thrax engineers ...)

and energy because of: scourge needs a lot, and shrapnel aswell

tactic in that case: rocket in the crowd -> bodycheck -> scourge active -> shrapnel shrapnel shrapnel shrapnel -> final splashrocket -> with some luck: energy full ... rdy for the next pack (my cp tactics )
pretty fun when you pull them all to the gate by shooting the gate, -> scourge, vortex, shrapnel -> rocket to replenish energy and go on ... effective :)

and with the important resistances at around 50% each in combination with reflection -> no armorsteal needed, just good sonic resists ! (btw., kael are last to die since i prefer physical launchers ...)

ok, back to topic !
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Lomez

• Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »
Bleh, Guardians are cheaters with their Reflection skill. Grenadiers do things the real way :P

If you can get your sonic resistance up that high, good job. I prefer focusing on physical and laser resistance primarily, and EMP (tech pistols) and lightning (linkers, hunter reflection, warnets, mox etc) secondarily. Building up sonic resistance seems a little bit of a waste to me, when Howlers' melee attacks is really the only threat. All my characters have some way of dealing with Howlers, just as long as I'm not stunned, thanks to knockback skills, Magnesium Flash, Reality Ripper or a powerful lightning 5 with a chance to stun.
Of course I'm dead within a flash if they get close enough to bite, but I just don't like sonic resistance I guess  :P

Kwii!

Offline Buster

• Corporal
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 01:11:40 AM »
im so lost in this game right now.. good thing is i can read here and get confused aswell.. :D