Author Topic: Active mission tracker  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Gazzaho

• Recruit
Active mission tracker
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
Hi,

I've done a search for this and didn't see anything mentioned, so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

When you have a lot of missions in your log book and they are all switched on, the map compass can become a mess of yellow triangles, so I thought it would be a good idea to be able to select one as the active mission (as when you select a mission in the log to read up on it) and colour it differently on the map compass, instead of having to turn every mission off and select one at a time in order to distinguish which mission is which when you have more than one mission selected.

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
Re: Active mission tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »
there are buttons next to the missions in the missionlog ... try those !
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Vagabond

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
I think what he needs is a bit different. He would like to see those yellows, and the tracking info, but he would also like to have one "special" quest, which has a different colour on the map, and I would guess, is always on the top in the tracking list.

Am I right? Actually, this is a quite good idea, imo.

Offline Gazzaho

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:04:04 AM »
Yeah Vagabond that's it, it would be great if you could set the mission you choose next in your mission log and have it display as a different colour on the map compass in order to distinguish it from all other missions.

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
In addition, it whould be cool , if misison marks on the map could show, if the mark is on the same level as you, or higher or lower. Now you can only see, if it's on the same level with you or not.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:40:39 AM »
Just had to double check on this, but on the minimap (ie the bottom right of the main screen) the mission markers *do* have a small arrow on them (pointing up or down) if the objective is above or below you.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!