Author Topic: [TEST] Deployment 12 patch Notes  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
[TEST] Deployment 12 patch Notes
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:38:16 PM »
Xenet Emergency Frequency 08***301. Encryption Delta.***21**59**8*
#### Begin Transmission ####
Emergency Transmission ********** AFS High Command. ***Lt. Jeanne Nigel *** ****** Outpost in Palisades. Over. There is evidence ******* increased Bane activity ******* positioned themselves ************ invasion. Over. ***** Comm channels **** compromised. Over. Request immediate evac of all *****.
#### Transmission Lost###

Maps and Missions
  • Instance: Omega Labs (Torden Abyss): This new instance map is available for players level 50+ . Omega Labs can only be accessed from Section 5 of Penumbra HQ, which has the highest security clearance in the facility. Players must play through the Penumbra story arc on Abyss in order to be granted Level 5 Security Clearance to gain access to this section. The final prerequisites for Level 5 Clearance are the Section 4 missions "Giants of the Abyss," "Hyper Links" and "Pathogen." The instance contains 5 new missions: "Bad Medicine," "The Omega Files," "Ways and Means," "The Doctor Is In" and "The Final Countdown."
  • Concordia Wilderness, Concordia Divide: The skies and sky lighting values in these maps have been updated.
  • Concordia Divide: Removed an unused subterranean room from Foreas Base which was appearing on the in-game overhead map.
  • Concordia Divide: AFS engineers have recovered General British's Soyuz spacecraft and are at work restoring it for display inside Foreas Base. Personnel may observe the work in progress outside Foreas Base HQ. As all Soyuz pieces have been recovered, the missions to retrieve those pieces have been removed.
  • New Creature: Atta Grubs: The new Atta Grub creature and corresponding art assets have been added to the following maps:
    • Instance Map: Kardash Atta Colony
    • Instance Map: Ojasa Atta Hive
    • Instance Map: Rivasa Atta Colony
  • Instance Map: Refuge: Relocated one of the Eloh rooms to correct appearance of overhead map.
  • Instance Map: Maligo Base: Repositioned subterranean areas of Maligo Base to correspond more accurately with surface structures and terrain (as established by the Plateau shared map).
  • Instance Map: Temporal Chamber: Oriented Temporal Chamber and Messenger Room to correspond correctly with Plateau map, and removed one area that was completely unused, but which appeared on the in-game overhead map.
  • The appearance of the Brann corridor door has been updated in order to make them read more clearly as doors
  • Dialogue audio added to 200 missions gamewide.

Game Mechanics
  • PTS ONLY: Players can now access the first version of the Epic Gauntlet Test Map. Speak with Outpost Commander Rogers in Alia Das in order to receive the mission "The Epic Gauntlet 1". You must be level 50 to receive this mission, and it is highly recommended that you take a full squad of 6.
  • Creature: Bane Linker: This creature now uses different models to differentiate high level and low level versions.
  • Series 2 Physical Chaingun: This newly developed fully automatic weapon has the ability to punch through enemy combatants, cutting down anything in its direct line of fire. This comes at a cost however, of reduced accuracy and the inability to lock a specific target. Players should be able to find this weapon on various Bane bosses above 27th level.
  • Series 2 Laser Pistol: With the ability to fire 3 shots per rapid fire burst, this weapon is ideal for eliminating individual targets at close range without drawing too much attention. Players should be able to find this weapon on various Bane bosses above 21st level.
  • Using polymorphing to turn into a Thrax Soldier or Technician with a weapon unholstered will now correctly display the Thrax weapon in the player's hand.
  • The Polymorph version of Repair on the Thrax Technician will now display VFX when repairing another player or NPC.
  • Reflective Armor helmets will now display correctly when wearing a upper face item; like sun glasses.
  • When a creature or player is rooted from the Netgun they will be immune to knockback.
  • The debuff icon for Disease now uses the correct icon.
  • Nitroglazers will once again do cryogenic damage instead of physical.
  • The Laser, Fire, EMP, and Virulent Crit debuffs can now be removed with Cure.
  • Sacrifice will no longer leave or place you in combat.
  • The Engineer's Repair Bot and Shield Bot's attack will now display properly.
  • Scourge is no longer improperly set as a debuff.
  • The follow creatures have had their VFX altered so they more closely resemble the appropriate damage type.
    • Thrax Pistol Soldiers
    • Thrax Rifle Soldiers
    • Thrax Technicians
    • Thrax Grenadiers, which will now do incendiary damage
    • Bane Linkers
    • Bane Hunters
    • Bane Lightbenders
    • Hominas Machina
    • Forean Machina
    • Thraxus Machina, which will now do electric damage
    • Warnet Soldiers
    • Warnet Queens
    • The Strider's Ground Pulse attack
  • Grenadiers can now be healed when using the skill Sacrifice.
  • The first installment of Pet Improvements is now Live and all Bots/Clones/Spotters will now act more consistently and reliably. Each Bot/Clone/Spotter is automatically set to follow and guard the player and each will always assist the player above all else. Each rank is now a toggle as well so you may cast the same rank of Bot Construction, Spotter, or Create Clone to dismiss your pet.
  • A few pets have also been changed slightly so that they are more useful to their master.
    • The Repair Bot now has a radial repair instead of a direct repair and the VFX have been changed to reflect that.
    • Spotter Rank 3 now uses a radial repair tool instead of a healing disk.

Clan Owned Control Points
  • Players now have access to the Clan Owned Control Point Prototype map and new game-show themed missions inside.
  • To access, enter the dropship in Alia Das, (where the previous WarGame map existed).
  • Team Chat - A new chat filter has been added which allows players to turn on Team Chat. After joining a team on the CoCP Rumble Show! map (with the Team Chat filter enabled) you can now talk to your team mates by using /team .
  • Note that this is only the first iteration of this map, and more features are planned to come.

Interactions
  • To add clarity to the type of squad invite received, there are now different icons in the pending tray for a regular squad invite vs. a squad merge.
  • Added in confirmation window for deletion of an item from backpack or lockbox. This consists of a dialogue box confirmation and defaults to ON. This can be changed in options menu.
  • Added in confirmation window for purchasing an item from a vendor for credits. This consists of a dialogue box confirmation and defaults to OFF. This can be changed in options menu.
  • Added in confirmation window for purchasing an item from a vendor for prestige. This consists of a dialogue box confirmation and defaults to ON. This can be changed in options menu.
  • Due to a formula error, the location on the large player map and the location given using the /loc command did not match by a variable amount based on the map. These values should now match. For reference, the /loc has always been correct, and the map will now reflect that data.
  • The tier selection process has changed in several ways. Individual trainers for each class have been replaced by one single trainer on maps that had trainers previously. UI has been redone such that players can more easily view the entire class tree. You can get more info on a class by clicking on that class's icon on this screen. This will pull up all the skills available to that class along with a summary of that class's role. You may also compare two classes side by side to make more informed tier selection choices. This screen also includes a cloning button to remind you to clone before choosing a new class.
  • Updated the artwork for the Character Selection screen. Characters on this screen will also display in combat stance rather than idle.

Framework and Tools
  • Added Fake (Fuzzy Glob) Shadow Support. This feature puts a dark circle under the feet of players/creatures to mimic a shadow. This is available for both non-deferred and deferred lighting modes. If you have dynamic shadows and fake shadows enabled, the dynamic shadow will override. But if no dynamic shadow is active, the fake shadow will appear. This included associated UI in graphics options. This feature is disabled in Low Quality mode.
  • Team armor hueing tech added to support PvP Wargame and CoCP maps.
  • Lowered animation degradation on irrelevant objects when RQS is inactive.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline smooth

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Say Hello to my new Girl!
Re: [TEST] Deployment 12 patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:44:01 PM »
Wow...

Just me..

Or did this game get a sudden infusion of....life?

Updates in huge quantities...QoL issues being fixed.

Someone hit the lottery up there?  *winks*

PS love to see some of this stuff...nitro's shooting physical always puzzled me..but my medic never minded for some reason..*Grins*
Someone has an attitude!

Offline Urban

• Sergeant
  • Skitterins are GO!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 01:40:15 PM »
Awww yea, pistols and machineguns are my two most used weapons  ;D

/jumpforjoy

Hmm better get playing again in preperation for this.

Offline dogen

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
Wow...

Just me..

Or did this game get a sudden infusion of....life?

I was wondering about this..... I only started playing a bit over a month ago, and since I joined they've been like OMGUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE .

I take it TR wasn't always this way? I hope it keeps improving like this, because I'm completely in love with the game.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:54:44 PM »
Always been an update every 3 or 4 weeks or so (excluding christmas period and then players complained about the delay)

On top of that, these past few patchs have been leading up to what (some?) players have indeed been asking for. Its just taken longer than expected for them to arrive.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
at least they do something apart from: this is coming and this is coming and we don't know when ...
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>