Author Topic: Crafting Guide (NEW) for D13 and Beyond.  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Crafting Guide (NEW) for D13 and Beyond.
« on: October 16, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »
Crafting 101.

Ok, so chances are you have been away from the game for a while (or are new to it), or you just dont know how it all works.

This is the quick and dirty option (seeing as you would be starting from scratch either way)

1) There are NO modification schematics anymore (you can though still craft consumables such as ammo, paint, healing packs though), so you might as well salvage all of those to get the mimeomech you need (the new crafting currency).

2) The same goes for all the modification components that you had accrued over the months since launch

If you dont have the above then go to the next step.

When you get to the crafting station you will find the following options available to be (all will be greyed out if you dont insert an item in to the box at the top left of the crafting window)

Fabrication
Salvage
Extraction
Upgrade
Integration

Fabrication:

This is where you make your paints/consumables. The process is still the same as previously, but it will now process stacks of schematics instead, without you having to reinsert the stack again (you still need to collect each item from the hopper BUT that is just a button press, and then you can click the "craft" button again)

Salvage:
This is how you get your mimeomech (the crafting currency). Dump your item into the box that appears, and if you can salvage it, it will tell you how much mimeomech that you will get at the bottom of the window. The amount that you recieve depends on the number of modifications that are on the item, as well as the level and RARITY of item as well ie green (modified), blue (experimental), purple (prototype). The higher level and rarer items will get you more mimeomech than a lower level quality item. You can also salvage high level junk loot as well, and it will tell you how much you will get, when you just mouse over the item in your backpack.

Extraction:
This is how you get the NEW modifications you need. All of them have icons, so you should now be able to tell at a glance if you have something or not (once you learn what they look like).

*note* You CANNOT remove Rank [5] modifications from your armour/weapons. 

The cost for extracting is equivelent to the RANK (ie the number in [ ] ) in mimeomech, ie to remove a [3] will cost you 3 mimeomech

Upgrade:
You can now UPGRADE the NEW modifications up ranks (ie from [1] to [2]) before you integrate them  into your armour. The costs are as follows

[1] to [2] = 1
[2] to [3] = 5
[3] to [4] = 20
[4] to [5] = 100

So you can take a rank [1] component up to a [5] for just 126 mimeomech (always handy if you CANT find the required rank you want but you do have a lower quality one.

Integration:
This is how you put the crafting components into your armour. Each weapon/armour piece can take up to 4 different Modifications, and the cost for integrating a modification is based on its level, rarity, how many modifications are already on the item as well as what level modification you are adding.

*note* The game will show a warning in the crafting window telling you that you CANNOT remove a [5] modification when you have one lined up to put into an item.

Any more questions just ask, as this is the incredibly quick and dirty guide to crafting now.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Meltra Bour

• Recruit
Re: Crafting Guide (NEW) for D13 and Beyond.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
nice and easy  :D

For those interested in how meany mimo your dream mods are gone cost integrated ...
Up to lvl30 the numbers can be slightly off, above that they are 100% correct.
http://dragons.revision-base.net/Mimo.Info.html

Still looking for a formula that makes it all 100%, so if you have one feel free to pm me. To me it just seams they use some wierd round-up thing in there calculation but mhe I can't be asked to look ...  >:D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:52:36 AM by Meltra Bour »

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
There is some rounding up (or down) involved, but the game shows the rounded figure whilst still calculating from the unrounded number.

Dont worry, you dont pay any extra from what i have discovered.
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline JudgementDave

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:23 AM »
Cheers for the mini guide - stopped the 5 min of swearing I'd been doing after popping to a crafting station on my 1st login in sevral months...

WTF??? Alll my ****ing recipes are now useless???  >:(

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:17:50 PM »
no judgement dave ... every oldschool recipe is worth 300 mimeomech ... if i remember right i made about 220k mimeomech out of my recipescollection
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline JudgementDave

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
WTF??? Alll my ****ing recipes are now useless???  >:(
I know the recipes are now effectively salvage. The above quote was me for 5 min before I read the guide - hence it being italicised!

btw - I think that the actual value of each recipe depends upon the recipe (maybe just the level) - my highest character is still only 19 - so I think my recipes varied between 40 and about 200.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »
JudgementDave.....

Arent you meant to be playing CoX?
6) BLOG ME!

Offline JudgementDave

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 02:58:23 PM »
JudgementDave.....

Arent you meant to be playing CoX?
Shhhhh - the citizens of Paragon City may start to panic if they hear I'm battling the bane rather than rikti!

Still mainly CoX (well as mainly as 3 accounts and 51 characters gets to be) - but I poke my head into TR every now and then... probably would do a little more if I'd ever found a guild (or even if I'd teamed more than once).

It's actually a couple of months since I last did a good blast at TR - it's almost looking like a different game again. Great fun and a 'holiday' from CoX - though I'll probably be back there later/tomorrow. :)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »
Just pop onto the general channel... would need your Last name btw :D
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 04:08:09 PM »
And about the salvage value of the oldschool schematics, they are indeed based upon level (i salvaged some level 30 ones that i had on an alt, and was not getting 300 mimeomech per one)
6) BLOG ME!