Author Topic: Please save me from RSI in crafting heaven  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Pullitt

• Recruit
Please save me from RSI in crafting heaven
« on: October 19, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »
Thanks for the new crafting system, still taking time to learn the dynamics of it and the change it brings to the economy BUT one thing I've already discovered...

PLEASE find a quicker less click intensive way of salvaging mimeomech, whether from junk or items.  Less clicks and less swinging from one side of the screen to another.  (Unless there's a way I've not read up on for moving the dialog boxes closer or kbd shortcutting the choices in the boxes)

How about right click menus instead of right click to place in the dialog box?
Multi-select or batching of items/junk to salvage with just one confirm rather than from every one?

Many thanks

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: Please save me from RSI in crafting heaven
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
Multi select for junk loot would be a godsend, and indeed help out the most.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline PegasusMD

• News Updater Junkie
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Standing on a rainbow
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:01:58 PM »
problem with multi selection of junk loot for salvage is that the loot have different mimeomech values. Programmicly would involve multi sorting loops to iidentify how much of each value of the items for each mimeo range. ie how many at 5  how many at 10 etc. then multiply and total.  Sorting loops  are one of the slowest coding process .
Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. - Heinlein
ingame name all servers - Pegasus
Have you heard the POP this morning?
"Close is not need with Nukes"

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »
Yes mass salvage plz.
Also mass module upgrading plz, I pull all useful modules from an item before I salvage it, but in order to save space in my bank I make sure to upgrade everything to [4] so it will stack.
Upgrading a couple of [1] or [2] modules to [4] has even less flow than salvaging junk, IM(I)O its as much of a hassle if not more.

I'd also like a 'salvage this' button in the extraction menu, but thats not really important.

@ Pegasus
If it where to refer to the stacks in the inventory it would have to find the items in which ever way the inventory works.

But what if it works with traceable references? I mean your putting said junk loot in the tray, so its already got a handle on the items.
The way I would code it, I'd have the handle carry enough information to just be dumped into a formula calculating the total amount of mimeomech produced.
Pseudo code:
TYPEDEF/Class <slavageMe> [salvage slot:number][type:ItemID][amount:number][address in inventory:<1 or 2 bytes>]

I know where it came from so I just remember the location and get rid of the stack without needing to sort through the inventory and find it.
Because I totally agree, inventory is an unsorted list, finding and deleting stacks of items from it is terribly slow if you don't know which stacks where the ones that where salvaged.

The above assumes the inventory adress is determined by the order in which you gained the items or anything other than which slot an item is in, and that the way of handling items is remotely similar to a 'values stored on object representing an item' inventory system.
TR might not have those making me completely wrong, but I'm hoping items have manageable handles other wise we can plain old forget about ever being able to post links to our items in the chat.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:30:48 PM by System_Crush »
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Pullitt

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »
Thanks S_C I forgot to mention that also.  Just take out the "Take" click as it's all a bit after the fact if you have already salvaged/upgraded/integrated; the mimeomech or the item(s) should return to your pack without you being asked if you want to "take" it.  It's not like you can do anything else whilst it's sitting there in the dialog.

Pegasus, why the "accumulation and looping" issue you mention?  I'd be happy if they just stepped through the queue of items/stacks you selected. No need to sort the lot into 5s, 15s, 35s, etc just do each chosen one one after the other (some 5s then a 35 then some 15s then a 5 then a 10...

Come On Devs, or else we'll all be billing you for new mice once the LMB contact has worn through  >:D

Offline Gazzaho

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:33:51 AM »
I have to agree with what has already been said, the crafting system is a real improvement, but a complete pain when salvaging loot.

Offline Wepdesign

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »
I have to agree with what has already been said, the crafting system is a real improvement, but a complete pain when salvaging loot.

Really? Look on how much it will cost to craft. Now add the time to farm to get the needed mimeomech. The clicking will not kill me but the time of farming will :-/

http://dragons.revision-base.net/Mimo.Info.html#table3

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
Depends... For level 50, going from blanks to full on [5]'s....

Well i am just about to finish my 3rd Row of [5]'s

Yes, i have been playing heavily as well, for mimeomech, but if it was obtainable inside 1 week, then the crafting "failed" in a fashin.

(note: If i wasnt shooting for [5]'s i would have already had enough mimeomech to deck myself fully out in [4]'s)
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!