Author Topic: More clan info and choices  (Read 3232 times)

Offline John Drdeath

• Lance Corporal
  • Drdeath is in the House, Lets Rave!
    • The dutch dragons II forum, nederlandstalige clan
More clan info and choices
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »
Hi,
I have some ideas about clans, let me know what you think about them and if you have ideas your self.
here they are:
As a clan leader I would like to be able to put some info in the clan menu like website info or forum locations also I would like to be able to make a choice for penumbra or afs for clan allegiance.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a clan insigma wearable on the armor. Just to make being in a clan more special. Also stripes would be nice, more spripes for officers and for the leader something special.
I do like clans but it would make it even better to be able to customize your clan a bit. Like in the real world, why have a clan war if there is nothing to fight about?? lets have something we can fight for, streets, colors, tents, name it and its worth it.

Greettzzz Drdeath
Live Life, Die another day

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: More clan info and choices
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
When the MOTD starts working then you *should* be able to put the info up there.

Clan Allegiance would be interesting to say the least, as it would *possibly* limit the choice of missions that players can do (which they have full decisions over currently as they play)

Insignia's would be nice as well (although not custom made ones, as there are *toooo* many issues to do with this one.

Note: when you kill a player in a clan war dont you get some prestige for it?

The rest of what you suggested there is something *similar* to the original idea for COCP (Clan Owned Control Points). They have currently been moved to one side for now, BUT it looks like in the upcoming PvP map (Edmunds Valley) it *looks* like PvP Clan Buffs/Sets can be bought from the CP vendors there.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline John Drdeath

• Lance Corporal
  • Drdeath is in the House, Lets Rave!
    • The dutch dragons II forum, nederlandstalige clan
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:36:16 PM »
Thanks,
I knew about some points you talked about but the MOTD doesn't ring a bell. You are right about custom made insignias but a choice from a set of....would already be nice.
Yes you get prestige for a killing in clan wars. But why do I want to kill that soldier ;). give me a good reason to kick his butt, rather than for training alone.
About the street thing, I would like to have a space, not like the COCP, just to be alone with my clan to get things organized, A tent somewhere, like the arena but then clan owned like the lock box. It would be a nice place to have the lockbox and put up the messages on a black board (as in wilderness ranja gore) and be able to have a trade and social moment maybe with a choice of music and the possibility to inv. nonmembers (as squad mates).

That would be nice and a big gain. Also with respect to other mmo

Live Life, Die another day

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
Ahhh instanced clan halls then.... dont know *if* or *when* they are planned to be coming.

About the clan insignia's. When they get Dual coloring into the game,then i think they will be closer to getting insignia's working.
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »
It would be nice to see the last time of a clanmmeber, when he\she logged on. so we can kick thouse, who have not been active for a cirtain amount of time. Also whould be nice to have a annotation for every clanmmeber, wich can be filled by officers or CL , where you can write additional usable info about members (like someone said he will be back in a several mounth, so you put this into the annotation, to make sure not to kick him for inactivity. Ofcourse this info will be only seen by officers \ CL only.

Clan recruiting interface, like in eq2. You swich an option inside the clan configuration "recruiting" on, and then any player can open a clan recruitment window and see, wich clans are looking for more members adn choose one to join. then they contact a mmember from that clan and ask them for invite.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
About the "last logged on" for the Clan, the devs have spoken about this previously and said that they have wanted to do it.... but that seems to have slipped down a little bit (or maybe they needed to redo the clan back end (like they have done for D14) to allow this to come in.)
6) BLOG ME!