Author Topic: information for our subscribers  (Read 22109 times)

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
Re: information for our subscribers
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »
 "Life is a series of rude awakenings"

-R.V. Winkle

Offline Urban

• Sergeant
  • Skitterins are GO!
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 12:02:06 AM »
Aww man, I didn't even manage to reach max level.
Oh well, still had some good times and I'll always have a big collectors edition box to look fondly at.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 12:06:02 AM »
Get back ingame and i am sure that we can get you to 50 by the time the servers come down (at least once if not more often :D)
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline smooth

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Say Hello to my new Girl!
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 12:44:47 AM »
Guess I was right to be worried about RG leaving game....unfortunately.

Can't say I am surprised.

But they have done a Great job of keeping patches and updates coming, even though this had to be decided months ago.

Guess we know why we have had so many changes to the staff in the last two months or so...besides NC's "re-shuffling".

Hey Lo and Gangrel, any one plot out the next MMO?  I might be more casual to that one then this one or AA(specially aa)...due to a baby...

But I definitely want to find something new....
Someone has an attitude!

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 01:08:42 AM »
I got a slight shock when I first saw the announcement, but yeah, even if i've tried to be positive all the way, it didn't come as a surprise. Especially since we already went through this with Auto Assault.
2 cancelled mmorpgs in 2-3 years for NCSoft is pretty impressive though...

I was really starting to run out of things to do though, and didn't play much the last week. I was basically holding out for earth and the pvp map, and am REALLY hoping we will still be able to enjoy both in a very near future...

As for new mmos, I have no idea. I haven't read much about it, but I've been checking out Aion every now and then, and with the beta code, I'll definitely try it out at least. But I think my choice of mmorpgs depends mostly on the combat system. AA and TR were special in that regard, no other games I've tried have been able to impress me. I don't want to park my ass in front of an enraged boar and watch its health slowly diminish, while all I do is wait for skill cooldowns and click on my number keys. Or go afk.  :P
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 01:10:54 AM »
I would like to correct you on something there Lomez....

2 cancelled RELEASED MMO's in 2 years....

They have cencelled at least 3 others since then (most of those were unannounced)
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »
Even "better".
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
Hey, the devs did one hell of a work. with some minor disappointments to tell the truth (mimeomech costs, prestige costs for lockers, locker bug, no shotgun shooting bug), but nothing really so important as the astounding level of @$$ sucking ncsoft executives' decision to totally shut this game down. They re competing in @$$ sucking EA's policies, Microshoft's cr4p with DRM, games workshop's strategies, etc etc. It enrages me even more than Hasbro did with turning dungeons and dragons into an @$$ sucking mmo with DnD 4e. But the devs did a good job. and their job we love. So as a programmer i know how it feels to trash your hard work because it didnt sell much. As for the GMs they 're heroes of the people helping them and enduring even my hellraising angelbleeding temper when for the 5th time that shield drone killed me reflecting 83,730,851 damage behind a wall!!!! But now the Devs, the Gms, and all of us are being dumped in the waste bin like a used t4mp0n, because TR didnt make enuff money to pay the executives' gold and platinum thread sthiched pillow where they sit their fat greasy @$$3$.

Heh, i came back from AoC in 2 weeks after aoc's launch, and laughed too damn hard with the clan "Lolage of conan". Now, even though I was wise enuff not to ask what coiuld be worse than the AoC experience, NCsoft comes uninvited to show me that some company CAN suck more than EA, Microsoft, Funcom, Games Workshop, Hasbro, Hitler, Jack the Ripper, the spanish inquizition, etc etc

More to this, they mock us too, as they come and tell us that we have 3 months of aion beta, city of heroes and the other crap we may not want or like. So they think that i should thank them and shut my yapper? No I'm gonna throw *mud* on them till they sincerely apologise and prove it WITH ACTIONS like perhaps a public apology and continuation of TR.

But no, they yap crappy apologies like "we re sorry" or "we apologise" while they dont give a damn about our feelings, the DEV's feelings, and the hard work that has been done because these words and actions dont cost them anything.

As people in my country say "When apologies were invented, conscience died".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:55:24 AM by Astralon »
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline YocusPocus

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 02:57:34 AM »
You should retired the game from the stores already  >:( I just bought TB last week, and now I'm reading that you're shutting down it. How disappointing!

Offline John Drdeath

• Lance Corporal
  • Drdeath is in the House, Lets Rave!
    • The dutch dragons II forum, nederlandstalige clan
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »
This really sucks.
They earn more than 3.6 million a year from us and all we hear is sorry??

Sorry My ass.
 dropping a beer is sorry dropping 3.6 million is plain xxxxxxx.xxxxx

Still love the game!!
Thank you devvs!!!!

Greetzzzz Drdeath
Live Life, Die another day

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2008, 10:04:23 PM »
For all, who will stay till the end, have fun^^. my subscription ends up soon, so i gave all my stuff to thouse of my clan who will stay as well and i officialy retired from this game. (Though i migh take a last look on it, then it becomes free.
I am sorry  to see such a great mmo go down, but life is life...

Offline Urban

• Sergeant
  • Skitterins are GO!
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 01:15:11 AM »
You should retired the game from the stores already  >:( I just bought TB last week, and now I'm reading that you're shutting down it. How disappointing!

You think thats bad? HMV in Portsmouth still sell Auto Assault  :P

Would get back in the game but alas I have no kesash to pay the sub, maybe in January.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 03:15:47 AM »
They *still* have copies of the game there? Dude... i have a copy on my self (EU retail and US collectors).....

Hmm i think i need to clear out my collectors set at some point LOL
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »
Today I saw a copy of european TR and it was at the price of 52 euro

I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline Chill

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
Tabula Rasa is still for sale on many stores in Portugal, FNAC included.
The least NCsoft should do is force the removal of the game so that no more costumers get scammed.

Sorry for the repost, but figured this applied better on this thread:

Back from the grave after reading this disturbing news about TR...

I played this game during 2 months of Beta and 2 or 3 more after release.
Left because of lacking content and some major bugs like Mires lag and such.

Currently I mostly playing some non mmorpgs but I was still looking forward to return to TR one day, waiting for it to recover somehow.
After TR I played CoH, AoC, Warhammer, Ryzom and currently on the beta of an upcoming mmo I can't reveal the name do to NDA. Before TR I played a whole lot of other mmorpgs including UO, EVE (demo only), Lotro, DDO, WoW, etc...

Fact is from ALL those mmos TR was BY FAR the most enjoyable and the only I managed to play just for fun instead of addictiveness.
Imo that is a big asset of TR, but the fact is addictiveness is what keeps people subscribed to a P2P mmo and by lacking on that part TR did not qualify well for massive long term subscriptions.
But that does not mean TR is a bad game, it probably just needs a different business model!

It pisses me off alot that NCsoft is so stingy that chooses to pull the plug on the ONLY pure-fun mmorpg available on the market!
This game doesn't hold masses subscribed for long periods, so what? Can't it be turned into a profitable model? Of course it can!

Asian countries are the biggest mmorpg consumers in the world and most of those games are F2P with some added source of income, being it an item shop, ingame adds or whatever.
TR perfectly qualifies for such business and by being Sci-fi it even helps making ingame adds easy to implement, like some huge light boards on bases and such.
Another example: Look at Archlord. A complete piece of crap that was a major failure. When it turned F2P with alternative business model it prospered and managed to gather a very significant population that already payed for some major content updates.
Even NCsoft has a successful mmorpg without subscription: GW, and is about to release GW2 with the same business model.
Is it that hard to conceive alternative income models?
Nope, simply it's easier to pull the plug and cut the losses!

After NCsoft ****ing up TR two times by 1st forcing an early release and then pulling the plug after 1 year, I sure am going to blacklist this company and won't try any more software they produce, even if they re-invent the wheel.
I was considering giving GW2 a try when it got released, but not anymore!

To end this rant, I won't miss the opportunity to shoot my last rounds on this great game and will return on the 10th January for the last walk until the 28th Feb.
I also hope that NC**** either reconsiders an alternative option or at least releases the code so that someone can pick it up and maybe open up some alternative servers. Trashing this game is a huge lack of respect for both the Devs that spent alot on time making it and the costumers that bought it, don't forget that!

Lila Chill out.