Poll

Do u want TR to stay online?

Yes
25 (96.2%)
No
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Stop TR from being pulled!  (Read 9709 times)

Offline Hiroshima

• Lance Corporal
Stop TR from being pulled!
« on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:27 PM »
As most of u allready know the TR team is going to shut down TR and plss reply and comment as much as u all can on this to try and get them to change!!!
Once I was bored, then I stopped being bored and got awesome instead, true story.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: Stop TR from being pulled!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 07:47:33 PM »
I will have to vote yes on this one.... for obvious reasons... but i think there is someone else who has another cunning idea though ;)
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Apsalar

• Bringer of updates
  • Corporal
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
For what it's worth,  :'(
/signed

Offline buckmana

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
I voted yes, of course!

I have 8 characters, 1 level 50, 2 level 40s, 3 level 36s, i bought the Collectors Edition, 12 months of gametime in advance, acquired a lot of purple gear, have 2 really great clans on 2 seperate servers and spent a lot of free time on this game.

And the reward for all my hard work?

They shut down the game!

And to really stick the knife in my back, they offer me free time in some other NCSoft game in a desperate attempt to keep me with the company!

Well, it won't work like that, if Tabula Rasa folds, I'll just move to Stargate Worlds instead.

What I don't understand is why they're shutting down their best game and keeping the lesser ones going.

I'd shut down City of Whatever and all those lame ones just to keep Tabula Rasa going.

I was looking forward to PAU and whatever else there was to come, now, nothing!

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »
(note: You *will* be reciving a refund for any gametime that you are owed AFTER the cut off date)
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Hiroshima

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »
i dont give a crap about that i jus want TR to stay online :(
Once I was bored, then I stopped being bored and got awesome instead, true story.

Offline Hall0W

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »
/signed, a message to the rgtr-development team: if there is anything the community can do to stop you from shutting down the game, please tell it! and we WILL do as told!

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »
I dig TR a lot, considering how much I like it; I can't seem to grasp what could have been keeping the head count low enough for NC to just dump us...
/Signed
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:24 AM »
At first, I thought my greatest MMO disappointment was runescape. a crappy client that is built on java and takes up 120% of your system's memory.
Then, all I knew about MMO disappointment crumbled to ashes when I played AoC. Funcom has the worst support i ve ever experienced....
Now NCsoft comes to prove me wrong again, and take the fist place in my blacklist. Even EA's "Spore" protection system sucks less than NCsot's executive craphole feeders who decided that I suck and that the fact I payed till now 200euro for this game weren't enough to even convert TR to an AD-game, or just like they do with Dungeon runners or exteel. And the mockery of it all, they come and tell me i have 3 months of aion beta, city of heroes and the other crap i dont like. So they think that i shoult thank them and stfu?
Well, I say screw them and defame them everywhere you can.
Vote below zero for any ncsoft game even if it's good, because they deserve to go down, just as they dumped us like used tampons in a gloryfied waste bin.

You re wondering now what it has to do with stopping TR from being canceled? Well, you met my hatred and now meet it's remedy:
I am wiling to forget my anger and my longing to see them eat dirt if they sincerely apologise WITH ACTIONS like stopping TR from being shut down and not with crappy words like "we re sorry" or "we apologise".
They know that we know that they dont feel even a bit sorry. It's only numbers to them.  We re numbers to them. We re not people, we re only cash bleeding wallets, so in their pockets theres only space for words and actions that dont cost them money. Just as my people say "When apologies were invented, conscience died".
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:51:16 AM by Astralon »
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »
Maybe, there just wasnt enough time to be able to convert it over to the other "styles" as it were. Also on top of that both Dungeon Runners AND Exteel were developed to be able to live on a *small* budget... definately smaller than what TR currently has.

Both Dungeon Runners AND Exteel themselves are suffering from lowish player population so as to how much longer they will last.... who knows... at least TR actually made it onto the Financial Statement this quater unlike the other 2 games.

Then again, just ot be able to covert a game over to "Ad supported" might not actually have been enough to bring in revenue to keep it up and running. Remember, even WITH our sub fee's being paid, it wasnt enough (and Dungeon Runners sub fee is *only* 5 a month, unlike the 8.99 a month for other NCsoft Sub fee based MMO's) ... so you would want AD's as well as a sub fee on top? Granted i havent heard of that one previously, but normally *if* you pay a sub fee the ad's get removed.... the other option would be to increase the monthly sub fee.... which although it appears that most people were willing to do, i know that i *couldnt* afford to do that every month.

So whilst your hostility towards NCsoft for closing the game down is justified, i do also feel that in the end, it was just a case of "not popular enough". Sure they could have killed off most of the development team (oh wait, they DID today) to cut costs, slowed down development etc...

They could have made it F2P (not *so* sure that this would work),

At the end of the day, TR was losing them money... and unless the player population (ie YOU AND ME) was higher then there wasnt much that could be done about it; especially if the player population was *below* the critical mass to keep the servers up and running.

And the mockery of it all, they come and tell me i have 3 months of aion beta, city of heroes and the other crap i dont like. So they think that i shoult thank them and stfu?
Ok, so a token gesture is better than nothing at all (in my book)... you say that you aren't interested in the other games from NCsoft... so what are they supposed to do then when they shut the servers down?

If they gave you nothing, you would complain...

They have at least offered you something.

I *do* know people who have been personally affected by this... people who jobs *might* be on the line over here in the UK (i have to admit that the people that i stayed in touch with the most are those over here on the UK side of the game... but most of those were made redundant by NCsoft a few months ago).

There are people in the US who *have* lost their jobs in the past 12 hours...

And in the case of TR... maybe if the head office had delayed the launch by an extra 6 months so that more stuff could have been fitted in, the story would have been different.....again, that is another judgement call that *should* have been made looking back in hindsight.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 01:41:56 AM »
Oh you dont want me to start about the people that lost their jobs because these fatass executives didnt bloodsuck enuff ppl with this game...

I know, it's gonna end in ethics and politics and most probably an offtopic flame of the type "capitalism Vs the world"....

As for the "token gesture", it's like you ve been building a house, then the state comes and tears it down to make a golf field for some fatass congressman and they offer you 3 months of free stay at a 3star hotel and a goldplated doorbell in case you build another house. If that's enuff to shut you up and satisfy you, then (judging by the height of my standards) I must be Prince Charles.... :P
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 02:00:58 AM by Astralon »
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline f4ngel

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 06:03:57 AM »
bugger I'd just bought the game as well  :'( I was getting bored of medieval and fantasy mmorpg and thought this was a godsend when I heard about it. Well when the game arrives I'll get at least 3 months play before it goes kaput, unless someone else can load up a server

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »
Yeah, tis a shame.... BUT i wont be going anywhere anytime fast... the current forums might get archived away, but there will still be a place for you guys to come and chat.

On a side note: SCREENSHOTS!....

SEND ME SCREENSHOTS, Own artwork, videos... ANYTHING.... i want to put up a repository for people....
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Shaiar

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »
Yeah, tis a shame.... BUT i wont be going anywhere anytime fast... the current forums might get archived away, but there will still be a place for you guys to come and chat.

We can also compare games to see if anything similar to TR pops up so we can all flock to it and try to revive the TR spirit a bit :)

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 10:44:46 AM »

That's right! This is the wrath of the Lich king, Blizzard knew *twitch, twitch* they knew I tell you! They had a hand in everything! *maniacal laughter, followed by sobbing*

;D
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination