Poll

Do u want TR to stay online?

Yes
25 (96.2%)
No
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Stop TR from being pulled!  (Read 9708 times)

Offline Hiroshima

• Lance Corporal
Re: Stop TR from being pulled!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 12:45:59 PM »
Thats a great idea shaiar,id love that
And to everyone get ur spirits and dont sit and mop lets make the last months of TR REMEMBERABLE!!!

(gangrel ive got some pics)
Once I was bored, then I stopped being bored and got awesome instead, true story.

Offline 13thDisciple

• Corporal
  • http://www.apokalypsos.com
    • Apokalypsos MMO
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
Guess I saw this coming, I'm still not over them shutting Auto Assault down... 

Funny how they keep pushing CoH/V on me, with this one I will now have 3 free CoH game keys...

I got into TR because they shut down Auto Assault...  what makes them think I will even bother loading this new Aion...  This is it for me and NC... I will not waste anymore of my time/money on a product from NC, EVER... 

Wrong me once shame on you
Wrong me twice shame on me....

Offline Dubious Karakta

• Recruit
  • MAY THE CHEEEEZ BE WITH YOU
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »
Can you get treatment on the NHS for TR Withdrawal symptoms? Is TRWS  terminal? Can we look forward to a reprieve for TR? I bet we can't, coz NC said there weren't enough people interested!
Hmmm I wonder if anyone has asked them about releasing the source code, to allow us to keep it going privately...........As for the other comments, yes I would be interested to stay in the forum to keep tabs on what is available. If we did find a suitable new game and enough went over to it we would almost have a ready made Clan!!
However, I am going to kill off my other characters and just keep my best one going, I want to see how high a level I can get before they kill us all off.
Cheers,
DK :P

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »
In my fraps directory, I've got... 120 screenies and 66 short videos (compressed to 671mb to save space), ranging back to late September 2007. You interested?  ;)

Also have the 4 movies I did saved of course.
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 11:14:52 PM »
Oh ... just as an update... if you can email the stuff to

tabularasa [at] gangrel.me.uk with your player name, i will get them uploaded so you can all browse them to your hearts content (and also see who they are from )
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline buckmana

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
I was on Cassiopeia and GM.Marcus sjhowed up briefly to answer some questions.

Seeing as the end of the game was a hot topic for discussion, he decided to have a brief interview on general.

He did say there is a way for us to save the game.

Although he did not have access to accurate figures, he did say that order to keep the game alive, the player population would have to double.

That doesn't sound so hard, does it? If each player brings 1 friend each into the game, objective achieved!

Now for the bad news......

Mcgillicutti (a player on Cassie heavily active in campaigning for the game to stay) logged on about an hour or we talked about the earlier conversation. One of the things Mcgill pointed out was that the game was not taking new subscriptions? How can the player population double if ncsoft does not let it? We've been given a chance to save the game and effectively been prevented from doing so! It's like they're trying to deliberately kill Tabula Rasa!

Mcgill also asked me to pass this link onto the Centaurus community on their behalf:
http://changingwind.org/savetr/news.php

Offline Hiroshima

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »

Mcgillicutti (a player on Cassie heavily active in campaigning for the game to stay) logged on about an hour or we talked about the earlier conversation. One of the things Mcgill pointed out was that the game was not taking new subscriptions? How can the player population double if ncsoft does not let it? We've been given a chance to save the game and effectively been prevented from doing so! It's like they're trying to deliberately kill Tabula Rasa!

I THINK it is because they think there is no chance of doubling the population and therefore dont want to let people in on the game to jus dissappoint them directly
Once I was bored, then I stopped being bored and got awesome instead, true story.

Offline knoote

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 08:42:16 PM »
/signed.

Well, since they pulling the plug I need to find a new home. I will stay until the end of course, and my old home SWG is a no go as it's ruined 3 years ago. Anyway, I found out that ryzom is free to play now after they also pulled the plug last year. They put it back though and I am back on the world of Atys.

But frankly I just want TR to stay. And I do not understand why they pull. Saga of Ryzom is free and even when you had to pay there where less players then TR. I know it's a company that wants to make money or wants to move on if they no longer hold interest if a game doesnt go well, but even matrix online is stil there with the 1-2 players that log on once in a while.

I'll support TR until the end, but I don't feel like logging in anymore. Maybe Aion will be nice, but what if that doesnt work out after 1 year? Will they pull the plug too? I don't like WoW, but many people do and Aion won't pull 0.01 % or more away from WoW. The market is to big and to many mmo's already. People want to try it out probably but return to their roots after a while.

Ah we will see. Maybe when it's free from januari-februari people will try it out and find out TR is amazing fun. Let's hope they do.

Offline Wepdesign

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
"Have you lost your MMO? Say have you spent countless hours grinding and farming, to make the best Character just to be shut down by the game provider, because profits were low. Then here is your chance for change, the web site WWW.changingwind.org/savetr/news.php is the gamer based news site made to save the SCI FI game Tabula rasa. After 10 full years of development and the failure to Advertize this superb game is scheduled to be shut down and lost to the game industry for good. Yet we feel this game has a real chance to be great in the hands of the players who can focus real time to this single MMO and not 6-7 like the developer NC soft. So we are asking the gaming communities to spend 5 min post an idea, give resource Ideas , collectively or as an individual , help us save Tabula rasa and who knows your favorite MMO next."

http://www.planettr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10057

Offline Lomez

• Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 10:37:37 AM »
NCSoft didn't develop the game, Destination Games did. And aren't they exaggerating a bit when they say 10 years of development, isn't it more like 7 plus 1 year of being live?

Yet we feel this game has a real chance to be great in the hands of the players who can focus real time to this single MMO and not 6-7 like the developer NC soft.
And what do they mean by "6-7", work hours?
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Kwii!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »
7 years in *theory*... Although you have to remember that in 2004 at E3 they had the "Unicorns and Harps" version out to show, but at E3 2005, it was the "run and gun" version.

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Chill

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »
Back from the grave after reading this disturbing news about TR...

I played this game during 2 months of Beta and 2 or 3 more after release.
Left because of lacking content and some major bugs like Mires lag and such.

Currently I mostly playing some non mmorpgs but I was still looking forward to return to TR one day, waiting for it to recover somehow.
After TR I played CoH, AoC, Warhammer, Ryzom and currently on the beta of an upcoming mmo I can't reveal the name do to NDA. Before TR I played a whole lot of other mmorpgs including UO, EVE (demo only), Lotro, DDO, WoW, etc...

Fact is from ALL those mmos TR was BY FAR the most enjoyable and the only I managed to play just for fun instead of addictiveness.
Imo that is a big asset of TR, but the fact is addictiveness is what keeps people subscribed to a P2P mmo and by lacking on that part TR did not qualify well for massive long term subscriptions.
But that does not mean TR is a bad game, it probably just needs a different business model!

It pisses me off alot that NCsoft is so stingy that chooses to pull the plug on the ONLY pure-fun mmorpg available on the market!
This game doesn't hold masses subscribed for long periods, so what? Can't it be turned into a profitable model? Of course it can!

Asian countries are the biggest mmorpg consumers in the world and most of those games are F2P with some added source of income, being it an item shop, ingame adds or whatever.
TR perfectly qualifies for such business and by being Sci-fi it even helps making ingame adds easy to implement, like some huge light boards on bases and such.
Another example: Look at Archlord. A complete piece of crap that was a major failure. When it turned F2P with alternative business model it prospered and managed to gather a very significant population that already payed for some major content updates.
Even NCsoft has a successful mmorpg without subscription: GW, and is about to release GW2 with the same business model.
Is it that hard to conceive alternative income models?
Nope, simply it's easier to pull the plug and cut the losses!

After NCsoft ****ing up TR two times by 1st forcing an early release and then pulling the plug after 1 year, I sure am going to blacklist this company and won't try any more software they produce, even if they re-invent the wheel.
I was considering giving GW2 a try when it got released, but not anymore!

To end this rant, I won't miss the opportunity to shoot my last rounds on this great game and will return on the 10th January for the last walk until the 28th Feb.
I also hope that NC**** either reconsiders an alternative option or at least releases the code so that someone can pick it up and maybe open up some alternative servers. Trashing this game is a huge lack of respect for both the Devs that spent alot on time making it and the costumers that bought it, don't forget that!

Lila Chill out.

Offline tarps2

• Recruit
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 01:59:02 AM »
this sux .. i just downloaded TR.. when it will be closed? all this download time and update time for nothing?? omg i hate NC so much right now

Offline Lomez

• Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 02:31:47 AM »
Feb 28th. Game becomes free on Jan 10th.

And yes, a lot of people hate NCSoft right now, as they have a habit of shutting down their games (yes, plural) after only a year, while other companies will keep their small mmorpgs running year after year.

Kwii!