Author Topic: Dev Chat with Susan Kath (15th December 6pm UK time)  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Dev Chat with Susan Kath (15th December 6pm UK time)
« on: December 05, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »
Next Friday (15th December) tr.jeuxonline.info is having a Dev Chat with Susan Kath (aka Dev_Leilo) about D15.

The link to the chat room is HERE!.

Please note: No questions about the closure of TR will be answered, and ONLY operators and Developers will have voice.

If you have any questions you will have to PM to me (well cos you probably cant speak french fluently) in the chat channel or post them in this thread, and i will ask them for you.

Avatea will be there to translate from french to english and back again (cos she is so sweet) for the organisers, so you wont actually miss anything out in terms of the questions or information being asked.

Hope to see you there and I will be there as well :D
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Tank

• Recruit
Re: Dev Chat with Susan Kath (15th December 6pm UK time)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
Basicly it seems like the dev's have a plan for after the server cut off are they willing to let slip something as to their future plans?

Offline Buster

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »
seems kinda pointless to me.. unless they got something inthe works for after the closing down.. if else why bother?

Offline smooth

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Say Hello to my new Girl!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »
seems kinda pointless to me.. unless they got something inthe works for after the closing down.. if else why bother?

My thoughts exactly...

How many questions can be asked?

PAU's coming out before you end game?

Oops...we talked about End of game....*grins*
Someone has an attitude!

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:16:33 AM »
the true "ENDGAME" ... :), they even got content for ... ôô
<•><•<>•><•>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<•><•<>•><•>

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:06:29 AM »
As many questions as you can think of... i cant guarentee that they will *all* be asked about BUT the more the merrier.

The devs have also hinted at a D16 release as well... so dont think that D15 will be the last one around.
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »
Q from me....

Was the "return to earth" ever planned to be done as a full zone instead of isntances? I know that the general expectation amongst the players was that Earth was going to be similar to Wilderness/Pallisades style of zone, instead of making it instanced. So as a follow up question was it just a time limitation that made it "isntanced"?
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Zey95

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »
Are there any plans to eventually make the Earth content open to everyone before the game closes?

Offline Wepdesign

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »
Next Friday (15th December) tr.jeuxonline.info is having a Dev Chat with Susan Kath (aka Dev_Leilo) about D15.

Next Friday=15th of December???

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
oops thanks for noticing that.... its today..... :D 12th December, there goes me and my butter fingers
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Wepdesign

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »
oops thanks for noticing that.... its today..... :D 12th December, there goes me and my butter fingers

With 2878+ posts it's understadable ;)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
I have recieved a transcript of the dev chat with Susan, and edit out the french parts....
Oyoel is one of the organisers for this (from mondepersistants.com)

Thanks to him for sending this over to me seeing as i was unable to attend last night as i had planned (due to not being able to focus on a computer screen for more than 10 minutes at a time)
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> How was the development of the Deployment 15.
<@Dev_Leilo> It was fun - and a bit wild! Both the Earth map and the new PvP map would have normally been created over a longer period of time, but the team was very excited about both...
<@Dev_Leilo> So they worked lots of extra hours to get everything finished in time for the holidays. (Though we did take some fun time to create the new holiday content as well...)

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Have you been planning the return to Earth since the beginning of the game?
<@Dev_Leilo> In many ways, yes. We talked about it often over the last few years, and everyone wanted to do it, though we planned to release it as an entire new 'planet'.
<@Dev_Leilo> It was only recently that we though, why wait until we can build an entire planet worth of content and then release it? So we decided to start releasing it map-by-map.
<@Dev_Leilo> (If you notice in the game, we often implied Earth had been destroyed, but we were very careful to never actually confirm that fact..) ;)

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Was this return to Earth required versus the background for the future of the game (before they announce that the game would be cancel)
<@Dev_Leilo> Yes. We had plans to bring the storyline back to Earth, where players would learn more about the resistance fighters that stayed on the planet. The story would also explore why the Bane were obsessive about Earth, and why the Bane have never been able so stamp out the Human race.
<@Dev_Leilo> We had begun work on a second Earth map that included the Statue of Liberty and Central Park as gameplay areas.
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> ...and Paris? :p
<@Dev_Leilo> heheh. We did talk about several other cities! Paris might have been difficult because all the architecture is so unique. Unless we centered the map around... is it the tour Montparnasse?
<@Dev_Leilo> Or a Bane invasion of La Defense. ;)
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> :D yeah :p

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Is there other big changes planned except the ones in the patch note for D15?
<@Dev_Leilo> Well, we are going to be releasing a D16 patch. We're working on the content right now. It will contain lots of content for the sunset, but we're also currently investigating whether we have any maps that could be finished in time.
<@Dev_Leilo> Possibly another version of the pvp wargame map, because we have more mechs that we want to release. :)

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Are we going to be able to get some special reward from the new instances, like mimeomech, prestige, and unique armors sets?
<@Dev_Leilo> Yes! We just adjusted the rewards this week to include a new unique armor set that you can collect on Earth. Edmund Valley also has some new armor items that can be bought by winning teams.
<@Dev_Leilo> We've also finished a few other clothing/armor items that will be give out in D16.
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> We saw on STP that Earth was introduced as a unique instance, is this only a introduction to the return to earth or it’s will be limited to that?
<@Dev_Leilo> Well, it will be now. :(  But yes, originally our intention was to do more Earth maps. The choice to do the first map as an instance was because we wanted to bring it out quickly. The second map would have been an overland map with dynamically changing content.

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Can we hope for some dynamic areas that will changes in functions of our actions before the end of the game?
<@Dev_Leilo> Hmmm. Maybe? Not on the grand scale I'd originally planned, but right now we're working on plans for the final days that may involve dynamic game changes, if we can work out the details...

<@Avatea> We will now be talking about TR closure related topics. I will be answering your questions afterwards if you have any.
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> What will happen to the TR team once the servers close down?
<@Dev_Leilo> Vodka? ;) 
<@Oyoel|TR-MP>  :p
<@Avatea> héhé
<@Dev_Leilo> In seriousness, I don't know what everyone's plans are at this point. But I can guarantee we'll all get together for one last party. :)
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Is there going to be activities/events before the end of the game?
<@Dev_Leilo> Oh yes! We are planning a big final event, but there will also be little events going on here and there. Plus we're going through and looking at content we can release that hasn't ever been given out - like new pets and emotes, new items, etc.

<@Oyoel|TR-MP> What are your best souvenir(s)/moments from this year of Tabula Rasa
<@Dev_Leilo> Oh wow. There's lots. The end-of-beta event was a blast, partly because it was fun to run around as an evil General British, and also because we were all exhausted to the point of being a bit crazy. hehe.
<@Dev_Leilo> I've also had fun just playing the game and meeting people, often playing alongside people who, of course, had no idea I was a dev, and watching them have fun.
<@Dev_Leilo> And just lately, I've been logging into the game and just lurking about, chatting with people. It's been really touching to talk with everyone recently as you've all been so friendly and positive about the game. :)
<@Oyoel|TR-MP> Thanks again Susan!
<@Avatea> Thanks so much Susan for spending some time with us!
<@Dev_Leilo> Thank you so much for having me, and for playing TR! I hope I'll see you all in the game for the next couple months. :)
<@Dev_Leilo> au revoir et bonsoir :) (en français)
<@Dev_Leilo> *waves*
6) BLOG ME!

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »
<@Dev_Leilo> Possibly another version of the pvp wargame map, because we have more mechs that we want to release. :)

Ooh, interesting!
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!