Author Topic: Global Agenda  (Read 16477 times)

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
Re: Global Agenda
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2010, 08:45:54 AM »
I've lost faith in GA. It was such an interesting game around launch, but now it's as if they (still) can't seem to decide where they want to go: it's too reliant on gear and character choices to qualify as a "pure skill-based shooter", too twitchy to be considered a "direct-control RPG", and has too few persistent elements to count as a true MMOG.
And going from serious dystopian cyberpunk (What? There's non-dystopian cyberpunk! Honest!) to silly futuristic d00ds with big glowy sticks and novelty helmets? Give me a break.
In all honesty, I can't recommend it after the 30+ gear update, unless as a novelty title or you believe a later expansion will do something.

Oh, and if anyone still plays - do nanites, headhunter, and aftershock still suck?

Offline Unomat

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2011, 12:58:36 AM »
Played this for a few weeks after the summer holidays, the game actually improved with a whole new 20+ PvE open zone released for leveling. Evenso it would take about 40-60 hours to level a true free-to-play character to 40 and become a useful contribution to an AvA team, and that's not a luxury I have anymore. Trying to pay for some acceleration turned out to be a painful affair as the company handling the billing doesn't recognize my AmEx :/

In the meantime I got into Tribes Ascend Beta. I know everyone is busy playing SWTOR Beta until it launches just prior to Xmas, so if noone is interested in one of the 2 Beta keys I have available I'll send them to Gangrel in a week and then I'll trust him to let them land on the right desk :)
If failure is not an option at any point along the way, it is in fact mandatory. - Engineering maxim
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams
Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe. - Albert Einstein
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2011, 01:51:32 AM »
Unomat, even easier, ask for people to PM you and then give them out that way.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Unomat

• Staff Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »
Could try that as well, I just don't trust me to visit these forums that often anymore :)

Anyway, apparently liking Tribes Ascend (it sports jetpacks, vehicles (including aerial) aso  >:D) on Facebook is sufficient to get a Beta key so there's other options for those with a Facebook account as well! And as that offer runs until JAN 23rd, don't expect Tribes Ascend to launch prior.

Please note: all progression in Beta will be carried over into launch. Yes, that's right, no character wipe...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:38:58 AM by Unomat »
If failure is not an option at any point along the way, it is in fact mandatory. - Engineering maxim
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams
Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe. - Albert Einstein
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire