Author Topic: Problem with new graphic card  (Read 6330 times)

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
Re: Problem with new graphic card
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »
Just put your Desk Top under your desk, or somewhere else you won't hear it as much.
After losing a computer to the hot summer of 2003 I vowed to buy a fan even if it sounded like a jet taking off, long as it kept my PC cooled.

It's under my desk and I use headphones most of the time and when I do use my woofers I turn them up so I can watch TV on my PC from the bed.

Also you will eventually you'll get used to the sound...
though there was this PC my dad had that had this small fan with a really high pitch, sounding similar to a mosquito, that really annoyed the heck out of me and gave me headaches after spending too long behind that PC, no matter how long I doubt I'd be able to get used to that sound, fortunately I was only there to fix the broken hard drive.
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
Re: Problem with new graphic card
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
Oh I got used to it after a day or so, but hearing a high pitched crackling voice the first time I fired up a benchmarking application made me pretty uneasy. As I said, I had no idea about this, but some googling revealed to me that some people had experienced this with half a dozen different graphic cards for example, and that it's apparently very common. I guess I was just lucky with my previous graphic card :p

It's a bit of a shame though, because I managed to make my computer pretty silent (much more so than before at least) by getting a much better case, replacing the 80mm fans with 120mm dittos and installing a fan controller, but hey, it only appears when gaming, and as long as my fps remains below 100, it's very hard to hear. (Hey, a good reason to max out the graphic settings as much as possible, now that I have plenty of video memory and RAM!)
I just need to make the side door stop vibrating every now and then...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:49:49 PM by Lomez »
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!