Author Topic: Haw does staff exactly works?  (Read 7607 times)

Offline Qamar

• Recruit
Haw does staff exactly works?
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
I have two questions about staff.

• 1. Does points in Staff skill increase also mele damage of staff, or does it bust only its ranged damage and mele damage is busted exclusively by H2H skill?
  • 2. Does guardian have to stop attacking in order to have chance to deflect damages by his staff and does he have to be turned in proper direction to do it?

Thx in advance.

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
Re: Haw does staff exactly works?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 01:49:54 PM »
I haven't actually played Guardian (besides 15 minutes on the test server)l, but I think that points in the Staff skill increases both its melee and ranged damage. The Hand to Hand skill increases the melee damage further, and lets you knock back your enemies (which can be both good and bad).
I also think that you deflect automatically, no matter what you're doing or what direction you're facing. I'm not 100% certain though.
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Qamar

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »
I'd tested reflecting. It works like you wrote, guardien can attack and be faced in oposite direction and still have chance to deflect. Unfortunately I can't test haw skill increase damages. I would have to respece before.

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
°hint hint hint°

forget staff, get a rocket launcher

°/hint /hint /hint°
<•><•<>•><•>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<•><•<>•><•>

Offline takplayer

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
Staff does affect both melee and ranged.

Offline Qamar

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »
Recently I'd respeced and tested this. Staff skill affect only ranged damages. Mele damages benefit only from H2H skill.