Author Topic: Server merge update  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Server merge update
« on: February 20, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
We are currently planning to capture game data effective Monday, 2/23/09 starting at 12:01 AM CST for the planned server merge. The merge is planned to include the Pegasus, Orion, and Cassiopeia servers. The European server, Centarus, will not be included in the server merge, allowing us to host a separate 'sunset' event for that server that is more suited to European time zones.

The consolidated US server, known as Hydra, will contain all characters merged under the guidelines we published in January. These guidelines are posted at http://www.playtr.com/news/latest_news/feedback_friday_012309.html.

Please note that due to the large amount of data processing and transfer involved, it may take up to 48 hours before the Hydra server is active after Monday's data capture. This means that character's will appear to "time warp" back to Monday at 12:01 AM on the new server. We do not recommend doing anything irreversible to your character after Monday's data capture, as we are not absolutely confirming the server merge at this time. We will release more details, as well as a final confirmation of the server merge, early next week.

1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline smooth

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Say Hello to my new Girl!
Re: Server merge update
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:05:30 PM »
So now they aren't adding in Euro?

Couldn't they tell us that before I erased all my chars on the other server?

*sighs*

PS did I miss that before?
Someone has an attitude!

Offline Wepdesign

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
LOL what can I say empty promises as usual. Plz dont ban me Gangrel but this is just too much. I have more respect for NCSoft then the devs in TR.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:21:15 PM by Wepdesign »

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:25:27 AM »
I can think of a good reason as to why the EU side might have been cut out of the "server merge" loop.

That being that due to the number of characters/items and the Military Surplus it could have made the server unstable, and there wasnt enough time to actually get it all fixed up properly. BUT just merging the 3 US servers kept it within the threshold.

The "number of items" issue was posted up over on the PTR forums, and although *some* players have said that they are willing to delete undeed items... not ALL players are aware of it.

Now, granted i *do* like the fact that we are getting our own "goodbye event" that is better suited for our timezone... and i *will* be trying to stay awake for the US one as well (which could well be very late at night/early hours of morning) for me... but i wont be holding my breath for being awake on that one.

Granted, they *did* say that they would be merging all the servers (maybe in this case before they truely realised how much of a job it was *above* their initial predictions)... but at least they have turned around and actually told us as to *when* its happening as well for the US players.

Personally, i am also a bit disappointed in that we wont be merged with the US servers... but saying that as well, at least we arent being left *totally* out of the loop with the "farewell" event either (in this case, its amazing that they are prepared to run 2 events instead of the 1)

I am still suprised that they have worked hard on this still up to this day.

In terms of respect for NCsoft though... i have *VERY* little repspect for them nowadays... seeing as they have basically made the WHOLE EU office redundant and looking for work (well, you could still keep your job but only if you were prepared to move to the US).

*ok, slight exaggeration, there are still jobs down in Brighton, but its now basically a marketing office with NO community jobs... all the European Community people will now be based out of the US*

Avatea has a job still (she will be moving to the US to work with NCNC on City of Heroes), but i know many others down there lost theirs.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Lomez

• N/A ON TEST SERVER >:D
  • Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »
I started getting suspicious when they kept delaying the server merge, so I had already accepted the possibility of there being no merge. Then again, I kindof said goodbye to TR the other day, since my gaming computer will be out of order for a little while, so I'll probably miss the final week anyway...

LOL what can I say empty promises as usual. Plz dont ban me Gangrel but this is just too much. I have more respect for NCSoft then the devs in TR.

Cool, hate on the people that shaped TR.

NCSoft may have funded TR, but they're also the ones who closed it down, which puts them at +\- 0 in my book.
DG have put out relatively big updates on a frequent basis and and ironed out hundreds and hundreds of bugs, so I'll gladly forgive them even if they haven't been able to fulfill ALL of their promises during the game's short lifetime.

One of all the people who got laid off at Brighton was actually a Swedish community cooridnator for Aion, which is a real shame. One of the few reasons I would swing by this Swedish Aion fan site, is beacause it was pretty cool to read posts not only from someone who works with the game, but is also "one of ours", however corny that might sound.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:27:45 PM by Lomez »
"Any problem solved is a new problem made. Don't solve problems." -Karl Pilkington

Currently grinding away in Aion. Estimation: 1657d 18h 10m 45s until max level.
Kwii!

Offline Hiroshima

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »
I agree (swedish also)

It was kinda cool to see what he would write but there is really not much to do at The fansite anymore :/
its sad :(
Once I was bored, then I stopped being bored and got awesome instead, true story.