Author Topic: Tabula Rasa Final Event closing video  (Read 2406 times)

Offline samsung

• Recruit
Tabula Rasa Final Event closing video
« on: March 01, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »
It's my very first video I ever made..and I have no idea how to make the quality bette ron youtube :(..

Its just a few clips from the event and music i got from the game threw together..enjoy...(if you can even see it lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9yMo7MLbBc

Offline BuGi

• Recruit
  • IGN: Attun
Re: Tabula Rasa Final Event closing video
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
Nice one!

The HD version should come up a bit later if the original video you uploaded was high-quality enough. Tho I've been having problems with that myself, the HD version won't appear even tho I've uploaded it with the original resolution my game was on and with 5Mbps bitrate :/.

EDIT: looks like your HD version appeared already. Just get rid of the letterboxing for the next vid ;).

Also added my vid of the closing, see my sig :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 02:36:00 PM by BuGi »

Offline rivethead

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:22:55 AM »
Nice video! What happened in the end? I logged on about 9 EST and it was laggy as all get out. Figured I would come back around 12EST and play for the last hour. Unfortunately, I could not log on - it kept saying my account was invalid. Did the Neph and Bane win? Was earth liberated? Do tell.

mccarver

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:17:25 AM »
~huggles samsung and givesa fluffy skitterin~

Offline UnterHund

• Recruit First Class
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »
Really would be nice if someone cout outline what happened from 2000 - 2400 for those who couldn't attend.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
- Herbert Spencer -

mccarver

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »
Ok... summary

First we all gathered in Foreas base. TONNES of people. GMs being confusing, maybe for fun - one saying get on the bridge while another asking politely for people to get off the bridge please ;) very very laggy, it actually made the wormholes stop responding for a while due to the massive lag and we were told the Bane wouldn't be attacking Foreas for a while because of this (IC story wise obvious they were being sneaky and attacking where the AFS wasn't defending and wouldn't expect ;))

after that most areas started getting waves of 50s and Elite bane coming in attacking right up to the wormhole/dropship areas, most places pushed em back (Irendas Penal Colony in Plains was spectacular) and then the fight started to move to Control Points, with Neph (the Eloh's evil twins, played by developers and GMs) acting as mobile staging grounds for the bane attacks - some zones got lost as the bane took the CPs, and when all CPs in a zone got taken the area fell to the Bane and got closed off, with Neph gloating over the AFS comm channels - anyone in the area got sent to the CELLAR (in the previously secret room in the south, with some sad music "Blue Turns To Grey" by Tracy Bush) which was being used as a convenient centralised staging area for the AFS. As areas fell the teleporters went offline with the blue stuff disappearing

The north hidden room also became open, which turned out to have a concealed backup wormhole to Earth - which was now a battlefield zone where all players could fight together rather than an intance for one team of 6 as previous - in the end most people ended up falling back to Earth, and there were several versions of it running due to the amount of people and the game mechanics+servers not being designed for huge amounts of people in one area

In the end the Neph were swarming us with everything they had and gloating over the channels stuff like "of all the species we've destroyed we enjoyed killing you the most" and how the planet would now be theirs forever, but AFS had a secret weapon (you got to learn about the creation if you did the Section 5: Omega Labs instance in Penumbra Headquarters in Arieki Abyss) secreted on Earth thanks to Penumbra that would basically destroy the planet and everything on it (enabling humanity to take out the gathered Neph and all the strongest Bane forces with them). When it was activated, the servers went down.