Author Topic: Star Wars: The old Republic  (Read 13174 times)

Offline Alexanndra

• Lance Corporal
  • Penumbra Sniper
Re: Star Wars: The old Republic
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 03:13:47 AM »
wow! grey jedis are the true SOBs in the SW universe. kill'em all , let god sort'em out, i say :D

now that that i think of it g0t0 was an obnoxious pompous prick!!! GHHHHHH i hated that thing!!!
you can always lose your head for a sniper. literally.

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »
you hutt ass kisser...
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »
Who are the grey jedis?
Can't remeber them from the movies..

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
  • Life is a Glitch and then you die.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 09:50:46 AM »
Not in the movies, they are part of a spin off thing.

And I still prefer to see Jauffre as the coolest gray Jedi there is; even if he is actually a light Jedi that hasn't completely fallen.

"Damnit, I'm old; I'm allowed to be senile! Now shut up and let me ramble."
Meeverus on Centaurus, Systemcrush on PTS
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Zey95

• Corporal

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 11:50:02 AM »
Who are the grey jedis?
Can't remeber them from the movies..
the movies werent about old republic.
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »
i have played kotor and kotor2, but can't recall them as well. Isn't that were that npc on kaashik, who lived in forrest along?

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »
i have played kotor and kotor2, but can't recall them as well. Isn't that were that npc on kaashik, who lived in forrest along?
Yup that's Jauffre, "living under a log like some borrowing rodent" I really wish he'd have a more useful archetype, so that I could have a valid reason to bring him on missions other than to have him mouth off at NPC's instead of just me.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <) This is bunny, copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 11:36:17 AM »
that one, is called jolee bindo

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »
that one, is called jolee bindo
Doh
* System_Crush fails
You are correct Astralon, I mispelled.
(\_/)
(o.O)

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
I see.
I guess if someone chooses to be a jedi, while he\she is not went complietely on the dark or bright side, can be called a grey jedi.

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 01:11:42 AM »
In theory, yes. A grey jedi that comes from the light side usually becomes a grey jedi by falling to the dark side first and then deciding that no extremity fits their character. it is unknown though how a grey jedi that comes from the Dark side becomes a grey jedi. Other ways to become a grey jedi is to be handpicked by the order. the criteria were not clear on the part of the novel I read...

Although the grey jedi order is supposed to be (or was intended to be) a very secretive organization with two branches. One that makes sure that the power on the galaxy never stays on one side for too long. be it about politics [republic-sith], be it about the force extremities [light,dark], be it economy [hutts, exchange (that's where the hut ass kisser comment goes) ], be it military [mandalorians, sith, republic] etc etc. The other branch (as it was intended to be) are caretakers (not bane!!) of the force (kreia led the exile to darth nihilus, and later tried to destroy the exile as well closing two wounds in the force.)
Generally you can say that the grey jedi are something like the "shadow broker" or the "spectres" in Mass effect.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:18:53 AM by Astralon »

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
A game walk-thrue for 3 different characters plus multyplayer conversation and team cooperation
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bioware-mmo-project/videos/gcom09_oldrepublic_spc1_082109.html

Looks promising, though   a combat is a good old one, we have seen in KOTOR, for example. Looks dynamic, but not in the meaning of dynamic, found in TR or Aion.

Offline System_Crush

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 08:04:08 AM »
From the smuggler class video it seems have some kind of cover system though, they likely borrowed the code from mass effect-
(as TOR is currently biggest game in development ever, they take what they can from other bioware games(especially the sci-fi ones) and modify it for TOR)
- which was a pretty good cover system.
But still it seems like a interesting change up, I've never seen auto attack and a cover system in 1 game.
It means you would not only be attacking but running around cover, rolling ducking and getting behind stuff.
I can't wait already.
(\_/)
(o.O)

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »
Unfortunately, seems only a few select classes whould be able to hide behind the obstacles. Others will just stand there and fight