Author Topic: whats everyone playing? lets get together and play a game?  (Read 4771 times)

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
Re: whats everyone playing? lets get together and play a game?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 02:53:31 AM »
For some reason I've quit gaming ... especially during summer. Even reading forums only while at work as now ... not sure if anything can bring me back into.

I've read a few reviews about recently released games and I have to say: nah, my time is over! That's mostly not gaming anymore, it's being guided along a wire without the risk of failing. I miss old games like 'Realms of Arkania - Blade of Destiny', where you could end up in a dead end and being unable to finish the game at all. Or all these old shooters that were really hard when you played on hard difficulty, or the old RPGs/Adventures where nothing ingame gave you a hint by highlighting objects you can use ... (I was so looking forward to 'Deus Ex: HR', but something killed it instantly). What I want to say: I want to be able to make mistakes, I want to see my mistakes, I want to discover on my own and get immersed. All that stuff modern games don't offer anymore. So it's like watching a movie with minimal interaction, and I've watched only 3 movies so far this year.

Enough rant, I go back to 'playing' that game called 'Real Life'.
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
Try dofus on hardcore server. all paying customers can try they luck on special hardcore server, where you get 3x XP and money but death is a permanent. So if you are dead then it is a game over and you can only start  a new character.

Offline Nicolas

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »
I think everybody is playing games these days computer and play stations. Most of the people are now networking games like call of duty and other shooting games and enjoying like nothing.

Offline Tilarta

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
At the moment, Star Trek Online and Champions Online.

Although there's not a lot going on in STO at the moment, so I'm not really playing that until they do a new featured series, a level cap rise or finally get around to adding the Romulan Faction (dreaming of being a Hirogen captain!).

I've preordered the Bioware Star Wars mmo, but that doesn't come out for a while.

There's a few others I'm investigating, but until the game actually makes it into a live release, I'm not really counting them yet (unhatched chickens and all that).

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »
So far  I and some of our common friends playing beta of Wakfu. It is a sandbox mmorpg with turn based combat. You are welcome to join us ^^
http://www.wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/discovery

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
Is.... is that bot trying to troll us?

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
Tis banned now :D
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 03:47:47 AM »
Still, if anybody is interested, i am back at GA. Last patch added a new zone and more maps. I have bought a booster and playing it, getting fun ^^.

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »
Did they do anything about the weapon balance and optimum builds for each class?

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 02:04:55 PM »
I playing for more when a week now (recon and robotic) and didn't find anything  that stand out as OP so far. REgarding a build you can now buy build slots to switch between them on a fly at the spawn zone or in open world zones.
All classes get some more devices pas lvl 30 (epic quality, can be bought at vendor), also there are one time use devises which resembles a skills of another classes, but which can be used by anyone.

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
And that was the point where I stopped playing. Some devices you unlocked at level 30 were like the ones you had before, only better (Case in point: Assault's Longbow, which was the same grenade launcher, only with a longer range), a few features like equipment quality and those consumables you could craft only made the game less fair (Which should not happen in a match-based shooter, no matter the RPG elements), and some of the weapons (Headhunter and nanite heal beams from what I can remember) were just plain useless. And the community was less than friendly, to say the least.
Although I will admit once again that the maps were just plain awesome.

I don't think GA can stand up to TF2 as a shooter, now that both are free.

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »
in TF you cannot do quests \ daily quests though :). Apparently they push GA towards mmorpg path . Open zones\npc giving quests\raids etc.
Community is actually ok. Granted I've seen better, but it's not a game averting.

I would play Wakfu, but the game stopping bug still there, so this will do untill the fix wakfu or swtor comes out.
Some epic devices actually really cool. like recon gets a deconstructor, which he builds on the ground and it will destroy all mechanics. Or robo gets a speciall arm, that points his pets towards a specific target. Also robo gets some mecha-like suit as a morale booster. I looking forward to test it.
Apparently if one don't like pvp he can still play pve stuff here, at leat i always see people runing around in open zones.