Author Topic: Firefall  (Read 8085 times)

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
  • Making thrax-spanking an artform.....
Re: Firefall
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »
Warframe?  Ooooooo tell me more!
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »
Warframe's a difficult game for me to talk about. I'm enjoying it, but it's too grindy and generally flawed to recommend. It's free, so I can't really discourage anyone from giving a try, either. Thing is, it's got major flaws all the way from low-level controls to high-level customisation, balancing and player interaction. Those make it a very inconsistent experience that's hard to get into.

They seem to be fixing those flaws, but they're not very quick about it - although I like the direction the game's heading in. It's kind of a shooty, slashy, occasionally stealthy co-op deal, but it has some major vertical progression, and co-op is largely enforced by making every enemy beefier. On the other hand, the current metagame is basically focused on finding a way to break the game over your knee. Spamming ultimate abilities, building overpowered guns, finding ways to never run out of energy, that kind of stuff. Not that you have to do any of that, but there's a lot of it going on.

But the core gameplay and the aesthetics are cool. Can't go wrong with magical space ninjas.

Definitely worth a look, but the game expects at least hour-long sessions and can eat a lot of your time. On the bright side, it's fairly cheap: the only things you really need to buy are slots for new weapons and warframes. The currency for those can be traded from other players if you can be bothered.

Anything in particular you want to hear about?

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:36 AM »
Thanx, man.  That was just what I needed.  -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline John Drdeath

• Lance Corporal
  • Drdeath is in the House, Lets Rave!
    • The dutch dragons II forum, nederlandstalige clan
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
I Miss you Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

So are you all playing this? or are you playing something different, please let me know. i went through some serious **** in real life and lost all my old contacts and ingame friends, im so glad i found this site again. Please contact me :D

greetz Drdeath, aka Aaron cain ;)
Live Life, Die another day

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
Sure am, Firefall when I can.  I go by "Luca Loquax" and am usually farming SharkNados in Sertao.   Come by and we'll team up and spank some thrax... er I mean Chosen.  -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2015, 02:59:33 PM »
I quit playing anything online. I also almost quit playing any game at all. There's only one game to bring me back into full time gaming ... =)
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
I play Heroes of the Storm and will play GW2 when an expansion comes out.

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2016, 08:04:37 PM »
Last month they did the big, long-awaited 1.6 patch of FireFall and I am nothing but confused.  I am no stranger to the dev/deploy gig and I swear that *SOMEONE* with the authority to do so proclaimed that 1.6 was being pushed on THIS date come hell or high-water, ready or not.   Half the stuff in the game is broken, stuff that used to work just fine and the new stuff is just... strange.   

I am hanging in there in hopes that the DEVs get ahead of this madness but, damn, they seemed to have sucked all of the fun out of it.

Stay tuned.    -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »
Few of us here have bought Overwatch. Release is around the corner, so why wouldn't you join us? ;)

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
Overwatch?  Is that the one with the telport chick and man-ape?   Not sure I'd be any good, I have a really hard time keeping up with those 13 year olds on red bull.  I typically get mangled in twich games.  I'll Make a look-see anyway.   

Thanx 4 the invite   -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 12:36:07 PM »
FireFall is now just a hollow shell of its former self and they STILL have not brought back crafting!   Just waiting for the end now.... anyone play Warframe or World of Tanks?   -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »
We still doing Overwatch. All kinds of players play it, not only "13 years olds". Also not all heroes there require a good twitching skills.
Here are 8 heroes that don't requre you to be good at aiming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHGSstdYq1A
Add to this list Ripper. He has a pair of shotguns, which have a big spread radius, doing a huge damage up close and in medium range but fall short at a long range. Just shoot in a general direction of your target and you are good. His all skills require no aiming whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:24:39 AM by Mironov »

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 12:03:44 AM »
Overwatch... that the one with the disappearing chick with the pistols? I'll make a look-see but I die like a dog in PvP, your character there may or may not matter in that regard.  Much thanx for the recommendation and thanx to the God-King Gangral for keeping this site up.  -L
If it moves, shoot it!

Offline Fire Sniper

• Recruit
  • TR never dies if its in you
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2016, 06:55:27 AM »
https://forums.emberthegame.com/ also mark kern is looking at making this maybe

Offline Lasommbra

• Corporal
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »
Get the fork!

I was out Nado busting in the Sea of Dunes early this morning when... POOF! Connection lost.  Turns out, that was *THAT*.

I could not log back in and by now Firefall no longer appears on Steam and Wikipedia lists it as having gone 404.

Well, that was fun, thanks for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING The9!

RIP Firefall, we will miss the game U once were.   -L

Off to Ember!
If it moves, shoot it!