Author Topic: Doctor Who f2p mmo  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
Re: Doctor Who f2p mmo
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 06:01:34 PM »
I like to play tetris and whatnot once in a while but i am not ready for taking it to a mmo level.

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
It's sort of my job to play all kinds of games, so I had to spend some time with this one, as well.
And this game, it baffles me. Why Flash? Why the cutesy art style?
Okay, I can see how the whole thousands-of-companions and shattered time story can fit in with the setting, and it's probably not explained better because it's in such an early state.
And I'll give Three Rings that their puzzle-based design is solid, and in this case has a huge bonus of allowing players to play together while doing different, but equally difficult things - one might be fighting off attackers while another maintains the barricade to stop more attackers to come, and a third guy would be picking a lock so everyone could proceed. And everyone's (hopefully) doing something they like, not shuffled to some secondary duty. This is great, actually. But why re-do the most classical puzzles, without even adding a twist of some kind - hell, some of them straight-up copy, even simplify, from their own earlier game, Puzzle Pirates!
But why the mission structure? It's not like they tell an interesting story or give you a specific reward, anyway. Even NPC's (Other than the Doctor himself, of course) don't seem to reappear outside of their own mission. It just makes some puzzles (Coincidentally the ones I actually like) more rare than others.
And what's the deal with the missions being set up only for four people - empty slots are filled up with NPC assistants?
And then you can play as a human - okay, that's a likely helper for the Doctor. Or a cat person - yeah, they seem to be a common species in the future, even though they look differently in the game and in the series. Then there's the Cheem - they had a grand total of one appearance in the new series, but at least it was a heroic appearance. And lastly, Silurians, of all things. Aren't they supposed to sit quite firmly in the enemies category?
I'm very confused.

Offline Astralon

• Lance Corporal
  • Exterminate! Annihilate! Destroy!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:16:05 AM »
In our modern age, one does not need no TV set to watch a cool movies. Check it out. Start from the 1st episode of a 1st season and off you go ^^
http://tv.blinkx.com/show/doctor-who/7cENUHQO39Wa4Shgm8UCsu-6iEU#s1e1
start from 1963 for ther first episode!
BTW i gotz em all!!! muhahahahahaha
I'm a fan of all seven deadly sins, but concerning NCsoft, i'll stick with WRATH! So will all of my 14 chars!