Author Topic: New scifi mmo - Prime-  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Guthwulf

• Recruit
New scifi mmo - Prime-
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »
Came across this lastweek, a new mmo called Prime, its a scifi 3 faction pvp-centric.
Its not level based but char skill based. The 3 factions are fighting over resources building and destroying each others bases which are afaik used to mine Prime in greater quantities which is the main mat used for invention and better gear.
Its not full loot, but the main material Prime is lootable and maybe other mined mats aswell.

This isnt a wow clone, very much its own game doing its own thing but you can definately see many influences in there daoc being a big one. Anyhow no idea what it will be like but it definately is worth keeping an eye on.

Check it out here http://www.primeonline.com/ If you sign up for an account you might get into beta , theyre in stages of closed betas atm.
If you want more info theres a lot here in weekly dev interviews http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pitch-black-games

Offline teskon

• Server Stealer
  • Second Lieutenant
  • demolitionist ! guardian ! grenadier !
Re: New scifi mmo - Prime-
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
This isnt a wow clone, very much its own game doing its own thing but you can definately see many influences in there daoc being a big one. Anyhow no idea what it will be like but it definately is worth keeping an eye on.

Well, of course it's not a WoW clone (who would clone crap anyways?), it's, if you look at it very closely, much more the 'DAoC 2', since made by Sanya Thomas and friends, even although without Matt Firor ...
<><<>><>
the machine mother told us of the planet of your birth - we know how you have harmed this place, with your pollution, your violence, and your dischord - but when we arrive there, we will cleanse the surface of that place, and merge it, with the harmony of the many
<><<>><>

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
Sounds interesting, but I'd rather wait until open beta or even release before trying it out. I liked DAoC, but I came late to that party and couldn't really play it. Keep us posted.

Offline Guthwulf

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »
Well, of course it's not a WoW clone (who would clone crap anyways?), it's, if you look at it very closely, much more the 'DAoC 2', since made by Sanya Thomas and friends, even although without Matt Firor ...

Damn how I wish that 1st statement of yours was true , such a shame that every producer sees the wow $$$ and seems to think that the game theyre making needs to be the same as the aforementioned piece of crap to attract people, and not something new, diffrent and better :/

And yeah looks much more in the daoc line to me aswell, they just keep denying it :P

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
On the bright side, Warcraft itself is an Everquest clone.
Also, Skinner box.

Offline Tilarta

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
I may try this one.

Pretty much, my opinion of any mmos depends on a mild levelling/gameplay test.

If it plays nice during those levels, I stick with it.