Author Topic: Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes  (Read 971 times)

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes
« on: February 05, 2012, 12:38:57 AM »
So there is a spin-off of the WHO in a form of MOBA (Massively Online Battle Arena), developed by BioWare Mythic, an EA Studio.

Basically they took what was the best in original WHO, remade it to be a 3 sided arenas and made a game out of this. It is now in a closed beta, but you are welcome to try those access sodes (they are in the open access on the internet so it is ok to post them here).
WOHM-58KF-2XGM-ZDX2
WOHG-Y4E5-QKX6-SZWD
Both keys are multi user.
go to https://wrathofheroes.warhammeronline.com/frontpage
and register up. If you have EA\Origin account, just use it there.

I like this game for how streamlined it is and how easy it is to play in fast paced pvp battlegrounds and have fun without needless grind for a gear.
I think this game has a potential.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:32:45 PM by Mironov »

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
Re: Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »
Next phase of beta starts 23 of feb till the end of a weekend.

Offline Pvt. Grichmann

• Sergeant
    • Obscuregamers
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
As a sort-of second opinion after playing for a bit with Mironov, I have to say that I didn't really like the game, because it's essentially WAR stripped down to its bare essentials - and the shortcomings of WAR are much more apparent and much less justified here. I mean the controls, primarily: despite being basically very similar to TF2 and other class-based shooters in design, only with lots of "classes" (here represented by individual characters, around two dozen of them) and various skills/perks/howeverthosethingswerecalled instead of weapon and equipment choices, it still runs on a "target-and-activate" system most MMORPG's do.
Granted, it is well-made, and is probably the only game lately to offer three-team matches, but all things said, I'd prefer the more traditional, gameplay-wise, but better-controlling Bloodline Champions among similar games.

By the way, am I the only one to find trying to define otherwise pretty common games as a separate "MOBA" genre based only on them being multiplayer-only, and the acronym itself very silly-sounding?

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »
I like a MOBA term, it sounds silly but fun :P

Offline Mironov

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Rise and shine!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:30 AM »
Update. The game is very close to an open beta status.
Right now and up till Tuesday, March 27th at 10am EDT (2pm GMT) the game is in pre-open beta motion. Log in and earn your rewards, heroes and whatnot. All things will stay throughout the open beta and to release.