Author Topic: Resurrection and Logos Receptives  (Read 5776 times)

Offline Petraeus

• Lance Corporal
Resurrection and Logos Receptives
« on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:27 PM »
*Are "receptives" the only ones that can be resurrected?

*If not, why are there bodies here and there throughout the map?

I don't really role-play but was thinking of submitting something to soul of a soldier and it might have something to do with it. 

Petraeus
If there is an alien out there that I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Offline Gangrel

• Caffine Junkie
  • Administrator
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Gangrel in game... any server
    • Blog: Semi-Random mutterings and musings
Re: Resurrection and Logos Receptives
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »
Hmmm not sure on this one.

TBH  the resurrection happens immediately for the receptive players...(and also notice that we dont leave behind a corspe either ;) )

So defiantely something to think about there.
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) Never tell Gangrel to do anything... he will probably get it wrong
5) I have seen more intelligence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.
6) BLOG ME!

Quote from: Lomez
WARNING! Swedish wall-of-text hits you for bork-bork-bork damage!

Offline Terradon

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:46:22 PM »
Although I am not positive, I would have to say yes to your question. In the Stories that I have read thus far, the AFS needs the Receptives and are willing to make scarce resources available to keep them in the battle.

Actually, I'm writing a Story, that addresses this particular question.

Offline Petraeus

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Nothing officially written somewhere though, hm? 

I think receptives are the only ones to be able to resurrect so I agree but I would like to see something official.
If there is an alien out there that I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Offline Terradon

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:55:27 PM »
Read my short story "The Dark Room" it briefly touches on my idea about why only Receptives are Teleported of the battlefield.

Offline Temko

• Positivly Negative
  • Staff Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »
Read my short story "The Dark Room" it briefly touches on my idea about why only Receptives are Teleported of the battlefield.

i already wanted to quote that one :P
________RETIRED FOR UNDECIDED TIME_________

Heartstone

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:22:08 PM »
Well as a varying perspective....

In another MMO called Anarchy Online...the story was such that a megacorp had finally broken the last barrier and figured out how to establish a permanent link to convert a person's body into computer data, and the soul as well.

Therefore when a person died, they were rezzed back in, a new body replicated for them from the computer data, and the soul returned to the body.  Due to the shock of being restored like this, there was resurrection trauma. 

This sort of mentality was enforced by a game mechanic where as you levelled and your corporeal body gained strength and your mind and soul gained knowledge..you had to check in periodically to update your computer data to save this.  In game terms if you were sitting halfway through level 150 and had just saved your data for example....then you levelled to 3/4th of the way there and then died..you dropped back to the halfway mark because that's where you last saved.  Therefore to actively progress once you gained what you as a player considered a appropriately substantial amount of XP you went to a save terminal and updated (saved) your computer data locking that XP permanently in forever.

In Tabula Rasa..I sort of think since we can already clone our bodies, and we have the Logos powers and Eloh technology available, it's not too far a stretch to consider that the genetics that make us Receptives allow the AFS to use the waypoint network or something similar to waypoint us off the battlefield (Think Engineer type skills) and either clone us a new body or alternatively use Eloh technology on us to resurrect us.  Doing so also creates the same sort of resurrection trauma Anarchy Online did too so it makes sense you are readjusting to being one of the living again.

Unlike non-Receptives, we can be resurrected a infinite amount of times and so present what basically amounts to a immortal military force.  Because of this, Receptives get first priority in any situation due to our ability to return to the battlefield over and over to destroy the Bane.  That's really the big gift the Eloh gave us..the power to return again and again to the battlefield to fight the Bane. 

Offline Farnham

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »
I know this is forum necro, but i'm sure i saw something about getting the boddy dragged off the battle field being the result of armor damage and the like. It's in the AFS manual thin gin the LE, so i'll look when i get home. Think it mentioned about resurrection at the same time..

Offline Deyer

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 10:31:34 AM »
Not sure where this fits into the equation, but I hit 15 last night and got access to Cure, powered through logos, which at pump 3 offers the player rez ability directly on the battlefield.

Just thought I'd mention that, plus I read in the tooltip that the rez doesn't cause ressurection trauma.

It might not be relevant in this case, but thought it worth mentioning should you start some background writing. If it's logo power that is involved with teleporting receptives off the battleground and to the hospital, then technically the rez wouldn't have any side effects.

This would suggest it's more to do with 'typical' technology than logos. i.e. Not as powerful, causing trauma.

Or

It is the act of teleporting a near-death receptive that causes the trauma, rather than the actual rezzing. Perhaps the soul gets misaligned or something.

I'm a very new player, and not read much of the lore, so excuse my waffling. :)